From an urban retreat in Queens overlooking the New York skyline to a log cabin resort in the Smokey Mountains, this week’s Groupon specials incorporate a variety of warm weather and snowy destinations. There are several good deals in the more than two dozen offers. This week’s Groupon Getaway specials include Taos, Miami Beach and Niagara Falls, just to name a few. Accommodations range from bed and breakfast inns to boutique hotels to historic landmarks. Keep in mind that these escapes are becoming more and more popular. More than half of last week’s specials sold out before the deadline, so if you see something you like, be sure to act quickly.
Below are the highlights of this week’s Groupon travel specials:
- Taos, New Mexico – Two nights’ accommodations for two adults in a deluxe king room at the historic Taos Inn in Taos, New Mexico for $190 (a $390 value.) Book and travel by March 21, 2012. Not valid until January 2, 2012.
- Miami Beach– One night’s accommodation Sunday through Thursday for two adults in a classic queen room at the Clinton Hotel and Spa, just steps from the beach in Miami Beach’s South Beach neighborhood for $134 (a $224 value.) The Groupon also includes two mojitos and a $25 dining credit. Book by February 29, 2012; travel by March 15, 2012. Several blackout dates apply.
- Niagara Falls, Ontario – One night’s accommodation for two adults and up to five children in a two-room fallsview suite at the Embassy Suites by Hilton at Niagara Falls in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada for C$124 (US$121), a C$261 (US$263) value. The Groupon also includes a C$50 voucher for slot play at the Seneca Casino in New York, a C$40 dining credit at the hotel, a C$20 credit at Dave and Buster’s, two drinks, two shuttle passes and breakfast for up to seven people. Book and travel by February 17, 2012. Several blackout dates apply.
- Baltimore – One night’s accommodation for two adults at the historic 1840s Carrolton Inn, the former home of a signer of the “Declaration of Independence,” in downtown Baltimore for $125 (a $250 value.) The Groupon also includes breakfast. Book and travel by May 15, 2012. Several blackout dates apply.
- Queens, New York – One night’s accommodation for up to two adults in a superior queen room at the Z NYC hotel in Queens for $115 (a $222 value.) The Groupon also includes breakfast and free shuttle service between the hotel and midtown Manhattan. Book and travel by March 31, 2012. Several blackout dates apply.
- Gatlinburg, Tennessee – Two nights’ accommodations for up to 12 people in a two or three-bedroom cabin at the Elk Springs Hotel in the heart of Smoky Mountains for $329 (a $556 value.) Book by March 14, 2012; travel by March 18, 2012. Several blackout dates apply.
All of these deals must be purchased by 11:59pm (EST) on Thursday, January 5, 2012, except the Niagara Falls deal, which expires at 11:59 p.m. on December 29, 2011. For more information and/or to purchase your Groupon, follow this link.The terms on each Groupon offer are slightly different. Be sure to read the fine print page before you complete the transaction. Please note that last week most of the Groupon Getaway specials sold out. Be sure to buy yours early if you see something that interests you.
Have you used a Groupon to save money on a vacation?