We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
1. Keep clothes from slipping off hangers.
2. Open jars.
Open a jar using two rubber bands—one on the lid and the other around the jar for better grip.
3. Keep a cutting board from slipping.
4. Keep doors from locking.
I do this all the time to keep my little ones from locking themselves in.
5. Create the perfect French manicure.
Tie a rubber band in the middle and use it as a guide to paint the perfect French tips. Use a different rubber band (or a different part of the same rubber band) for each nail to keep your tips neat. Apply small amounts of polish at a time for best results.
6. Unscrew stripped screws.
Don’t panic if the grooves on a screw have been stripped. Place a rubber band over the head before inserting a screwdriver. Firmly turn the screwdriver to remove the screw.
7. Limit kids’ soap use.
Twist rubber bands around the pump nozzle so only a limited amount of soap will dispense.
8. Mark glasses at a party.
9. Keep a wobbly shower caddy still.
Because nobody wants to worry about soap falling down in the shower.
10. Keep a book together while traveling.
11. Prevent a mixing spoon from falling into a bowl full of food.
12. Keep a sliced apple from browning.