Looking for cute magnets to use on the fridge or a memo board? Try your hand at making these super-simple clothespin magnets. Decorated magnets cost around $6 (for a package of four) at major department stores, but you can make 12 at home for about $4 when using coupons!
- Clothespins. If you don’t have any on hand, a bag of 12 is $2.99 at Michaels. Use the 40% off coupon to get them for even less!
- Roll of magnetic tape. One roll is about $2 at Michaels or Walmart.
- Scrapbook paper.
- Hot glue or any type of strong glue.
- Mod Podge.
- Trace around clothespin on the back of the scrapbook paper.
- Cut out and glue paper onto clothespin using Mod Podge. A little trimming may be necessary once glued and dried.
- Once dry, attach the magnet onto clothespin using strong glue. Most magnetic tape is adhesive-backed, so this step may not be necessary.
- Repeat as many times as wanted! These are so simple; whipping out a dozen takes no time at all!