Rice Crispy Treats are an always-popular snack, but they can get boring if you make them the same way every time. Try this fall spin on the classic recipe, and your family will be begging for more! $0.50/1 – Libby’s Pumpkin, 15 oz or larger, Target Coupon – (target.com)
Pumpkin Spice Rice Crispy Treats
3 Tbsp butter – $0.15
1/4 cup pumpkin puree – $0.14
1 (10 oz) bag mini marshmallows – $1.25
1/4 tsp vanilla extract – $0.01
1/2 tsp nutmeg – $0.03
1/2 tsp cinnamon – $0.03
6 cups crispy rice cereal – $1.25
2 oz white chocolate chips – $0.20
1 Tbsp vegetable oil – $0.03
1. Spray a 9″x13″ pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
2. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add pumpkin and fold in marshmallows. Stir constantly until marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon.
3. Let mixture cool to room temperature for 20 minutes (to avoid soggy treats). Add cereal and stir until well combined.
4. Pour mixture into prepared pan and spread out evenly. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
5. To make white chocolate drizzle, place chips and oil in a small microwavable bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Continue microwaving in 30-second intervals until smooth. Drizzle white chocolate over rice crispy treats. Cut into squares and serve.
Total Cost: $3.09