Tinted Mason Jars are all the rage right now! Buying them at a store like Pottery Barn can cost you around $25.00. Luckily, you can make your own jars for just a couple of dollars. The best part: they are simple to make and have endless color possibilities!
- Mason jar or any empty glass jar
- Food coloring
- Mod Podge
- Cookie sheet
- Wax paper
- Small bowls or ramekins
- In a small bowl combine 2 tablespoons of Mod Podge, 1 tablespoon of water, and food coloring. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into jar.
- Over the empty bowl slowly tip the jar so that the paint mixture covers the entire inside of the jar.
- Once jar is completely covered, let dry upside down on wax paper for 30 minutes.
- Cover a cookie sheet in wax paper and transfer the jars upside down to the sheet.
- Place in a warm oven (200 degrees) for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes turn right side up and let bake for another 20-30 minutes. When they are done they will have a clear look and lose most of the streaks. If there are streaks, bake a little while longer.
- Enjoy your new jars, created for around $2.00!
Warning: Once these are colored they are no longer safe to drink out of!