Are you armed and dangerous…with your glue gun? Idolize Martha Stewart (except for her stint in federal prison)? Have a stockpile of not just groceries but modge podge, festive yarn, fine-cut glitter, and reams of fabric? If so, you absolutely must check out Craftsy. Not only is Craftsy the fastest growing online community of crafters on the web, but the site also offers awesome deals on crafting supplies and hosts online classes on a variety of topics for all levels of crafters. If you have ever wanted to learn how to quilt, now's your chance. Currently, Craftsy is offering a free, year-long online class called "Block of the Month" taught by a master quilter. Here's how to sign up for this free class:
- Click here to go to Craftsy.
- Enter your email address and password in the designated boxes to sign up for a free Craftsy account. Then click on the orange "See Today's Deals" button.
- Click on "Online Classes" at the top of your screen. Once you are directed to the new page, click on "Quilting" in the yellow column on the left side of your screen.
- You will see 12 different quilting classes organized into 4 rows. Scroll down to the bottom row. You will see the deal for the free Craftsy Block of the Month online quilting class on the right side of your screen. Click on this deal.
- Click on the red "Sign Up" button on the right side of your screen. Then click on the red "Get Started" Button.
- You will be prompted to choose a display name. You must choose an image to represent yourself on the site. You can either upload a photograph from your computer or indicate that you would like Craftsy to use your Facebook profile picture.
- To view your online class, go back to Craftsy's home page and click on "Your Account" on the top left of your screen.
The Block of the Month Class has twelve lessons which post on the first day of every month. In the first ten classes, you will learn how to make two different quilt blocks. The last two classes will help you finish your full-size quilt. You can view the classes whenever you want and as many times as you want. The classes are filmed in high-definition and are fully interactive—you can ask the instructor questions as you go. Enjoy the class! I can't wait to see my fellow classmates' quilted creations!