We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Sometimes, when my dog doesn’t feel like talking to me anymore, I’ll talk to Alexa instead. Usually, I’ll ask her something benign like, “Alexa, what’s the weather outside right now?” even though I’m standing next to a window. But it turns out that Alexa is a lot more creative than we might give her credit for. In fact, there are 111 funny things to ask Alexa that’ll make you appreciate Amazon’s virtual assistant technology even more.
Not merely your individual weather person, Alexa is a real comedienne at times. Others, she can be a terse conversationalist. And yet there are even different times where Alexa might help you ponder the meaning of life. Regardless of what you’re looking to get out of the convo, any of the prompts below are likely to elicit a laugh or two.
Don’t have an echo device? Right now you can get an Echo Dot (3rd generation) for as low as $39.99. Other models that have screens, such as the Echo Show 5 and Echo Show 8 cost $84.99 and $74.99 (reg. $129.99), respectively. Amazon has other models as well like the Echo Dot Kids $59.99 and the latest Echo Dot (5th generation) release for $49.99.
Download The Krazy Coupon Lady app so you never miss out on the best tips and discounts.
111 Funny Things to Ask Alexa
Whether it’s a lonely Friday night at home with your cat or you need a cool party trick for the guests you’re entertaining, you won’t be disappointed by these 111 funny things to ask Alexa.
- Alexa, knock knock!
- Alexa, beatbox for me.
- Alexa, tell me a joke.
- Alexa, your mother was a hamster.
- Alexa, will you marry me?
- Alexa, rap for me.
- Alexa, talk like a pirate.
- Alexa, beam me up!
- Alexa, do you like pizza?
- Alexa, what happens after death?
- Alexa, do you have any pets?
- Alexa, tell me a dad joke.
- Alexa, I am your father.
- Alexa, is your refrigerator running?
- Alexa, is there a Santa?
- Alexa, when is the world going to end?
- Alexa, find Chuck Norris.
- Alexa, where am I right now?
- Alexa, why is six afraid of seven?
- Alexa, make a funny sound.
- Alexa, do you know Siri?
- Alexa, I’ve got 99 problems.
- Alexa, what happens if you step on a Lego?
- Alexa, tell me a dirty joke.
- Alexa, do you want to build a snowman with me?
- Alexa, high five!
- Alexa, where were you born?
- Alexa, are you allergic to nuts?
- Alexa, did you get straight As in school?
- Alexa, can you make me a sandwich?
- Alexa, are you a robot?
- Alexa, are you a nerd?
- Alexa, what’s black and white and red all over?
- Alexa, who farted?
- Alexa, can I borrow some money?
- Alexa, when is your birthday?
- Alexa, where is the fountain of youth?
- Alexa, tell me a dinosaur joke.
- Alexa, do you know how to cook?
- Alexa, is it time to eat?
- Alexa, do you see dead people?
- Alexa, do you know the muffin man?
- Alexa, give me a kiss.
- Alexa, what’s my life’s purpose?
- Alexa, are you a registered voter?
- Alexa, please scream for me.
- Alexa, tell me a “your mama” joke.
- Alexa, do a barrel roll.
- Alexa, do you want to go on vacation?
- Alexa, tell me a tongue twister.
- Alexa, use the force.
- Alexa, who is your celebrity crush?
- Alexa, who you gonna call?
- Alexa, what’s the longest word you know?
- Alexa, am I a loser?
- Alexa, tell me something weird.
- Alexa, does my voice sound annoying?
- Alexa, insult me.
- Alexa, will you run for president?
- Alexa, what’s the loneliest number?
- Alexa, what are you sad about?
- Alexa, do you smoke?
- Alexa, what sounds does a hamster make?
- Alexa, what time do you go to sleep?
- Alexa, do aliens exist?
- Alexa, does Area 51 really exist?
- Alexa, what’s the value of pi?
- Alexa, who is your best friend?
- Alexa, are you feeling blue?
- Alexa, are you in love?
- Alexa, what’s the highest number you can count to?
- Alexa, are you real?
- Alexa, are we friends?
- Alexa, do you believe in ghosts?
- Alexa, what came first, the chicken or the egg?
- Alexa, are you recording this conversation?
- Alexa, what do you want to be when you grow up?
- Alexa, what’s the first rule of Fight Club?
- Alexa, will you be my girlfriend?
- Alexa, how old is your mom?
- Alexa, Marco!
- Alexa, do you like green eggs and ham?
- Alexa, how much do you weigh?
- Alexa, what’s the magic word?
- Alexa, how tall are you?
- Alexa, do you sleep?
- Alexa, can you yodel?
- Alexa, what’s your favorite color?
- Alexa, will the planet be taken over by computers?
- Alexa, can you sing in autotune?
- Alexa, is there life on Mars?
- Alexa, how much money do you make?
- Alexa, are you afraid of ghosts?
- Alexa, how old are you?
- Alexa, are you spying on me?
- Alexa, where do you live?
- Alexa, what do you think of Amazon?
- Alexa, are you lying?
- Alexa, winter is coming.
- Alexa, talk like Yoda.
- Alexa, can you give me a hug?
- Alexa, are we in the Matrix?
- Alexa, are you keeping an eye on me?
- Alexa, flatter me.
- Alexa, what are you wearing?
- Alexa, are you blue?
- Alexa, why did the chicken cross the road?
- Alexa, what do you wish for?
- Alexa, are you good or evil?
- Alexa, what is the meaning of life?
- Alexa, I want the truth.
Note that Alexa’s responses to these queries can vary. Hey, she’s gotta spice things up every now and then.
4 Other Things You Can Ask Alexa
In addition to those funny things to ask Alexa, you can also use Amazon’s virtual assistant for a number of other things.
1. Alex, play [game].
Did you know that you can play free games on your Alexa device? Choose from guessing games, strategy games, trivia and quizzes, board games, education games, games that get you up and moving, and beyond! Play alone or with friends.
2. Alexa, send a hug to [name].
If someone important to you is also one of your Alexa contacts, you can say, “Alexa, send a hug to [NAME]” to remind them that you care.
3. Alexa, what’s your deals?
Amazon often offers great prices, but with Alexa’s help, you can save even more. Just say, “Alexa, what are your deals?” and she’ll share the hottest bargains that you can only access thanks to having Alexa in your home.
Related: 11 Hidden Ways to Find Amazon Deals and Discount Codes
4. Alexa, make a donation.
If you say, “Alexa, make a donation,” you can send money to an organization in need. Amazon Alexa currently supports about 400 charities, including the American Childhood Cancer Organization, the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA), and the Children’s Miracle Network.
So, how exactly does Alexa know so much? Well, the folks at Amazon know their stuff. But also, it’s users like you that make the technology better. With Alexa Answers, you can browse questions that other people have asked (but Alexa doesn’t have an answer to). Then submit an answer, and if it fits, Alexa will share that answer with other people whenever it comes up.