Black Friday 2021 sales might be over, but we’re still hunting for the best deals on all your wish list items through the holidays. Bookmark this page and set a phone alert to check back here next year for the best 2022 Black Friday drugstore deals at CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid.
It’s true — drugstores like CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid offer Black Friday deals, too. In fact, if you’re gonna go into a store on Black Friday, go to a drugstore. The Black Friday deals are LEGIT. I’m talking about free toothpaste and free personal care items to BOGO toys.
To make the most of your shopping trip, look for anything you wouldn’t normally associate with Black Friday (gift wrap, cereal, candy…) and that’s where you’ll find the deals.
Here are a few tried-and-true strategies for shopping Black Friday drugstore deals.
1. Use Walgreens, Rite Aid, and CVS coupons with Black Friday drugstore deals.
Not only are you going to get Black Friday deals, but you can also use coupons to get those prices even lower. This means you can use that Covergirl manufacturer coupon along with whatever Black Friday deal you see on Covergirl at a drugstore for even deeper savings.
2. Shop drugstores Thanksgiving through Saturday only.
Unlike other retailers (Kohl’s, Target, etc.), Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid don’t offer Black Friday deals before Thanksgiving.
They’re open regular hours on Thanksgiving Day through the following Saturday, and that’s when drugstore Black Friday deals are live. These deals end on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
Aim to save at least 50% at drugstores during Black Friday.
3. Plan to get all your stocking stuffers at CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid.
You should be able to get Black Friday deals on everything from candy and small toys to makeup and personal care items. CVS BOGO toys include hot brands like Baby Alive, Hot Wheels, and Play-Doh, to name a few.
Use these items for stocking stuffers, and gleefully check it off your to-do list.
4. Expect CVS Black Friday deals on makeup, gift cards, and toothpaste.
Every year we see free Colgate, nearly-free body care products, and multiple promotions on gift cards for both stores and restaurants during CVS Black Friday.
Here are the deals we got during CVS Black Friday 2021:
- Free Colgate Toothpaste (reg. $4.29+)
- Free CVS Health Baby Wipes (reg. $1.39)
- Free CVS Health Pantiliners (reg. $1.39)
- Free CVS Health Acetaminophen (reg. $5.59)
- BOGO Free Toys (reg. $5.99+)
Need help on couponing at CVS? THIS Is How to Coupon at CVS.
5. Get Rite Aid Black Friday deals on candy, gift cards, gift wrap, and cereal.
Rite Aid Black Friday deals usually include free candy, free hair care items, a buy one get two free sale on cereal, boxed holiday cards, gift wrap, Hershey’s, and Russell Stover.
Here are the freebies we got during Rite Aid Black Friday 2021:
- Free Butterfinger & Co. Candy Bars (reg. $1.29)
- Free Russell Stover Holiday Singles (reg. $0.99)
- Free Conair Hair Brushes (reg. $3.99)
- Free Scunci Hair Ties (reg. $2.29+)
- Free Palmolive Dish Soap (reg. $1.89)
If you need a refresher on how to coupon at Rite Aid, we have that covered too!
6. Buy two, get two free on toys during Walgreens Black Friday.
Walgreens Black Friday deals for 2019, 2020, and 2021 included buy two, get two free. These toys range from small (perfect for stocking stuffers) to big.
They also offered 50% off the “Gift of the Week,” which ranged from Ferrero Rocher chocolate collections to Soap & Glory bath sets.
Here are the deals we got during Walgreens Black Friday 2021:
- Hershey’s Holiday Candy $1.99 (reg. $4.99)
- Russell Stover or Whitman’s Chocolate Boxes BOGO Free
- B2G2 Free Arts & Crafts or Children’s Toys
- Bounty Essentials Paper Towels $4.99 (reg. $7.99)
- Charmin Essentials Mega Roll Bath Tissue $4.99 (reg. $6.49)
Learn How to Coupon at Walgreens.
7. Skip electronics completely — look for Black Friday deals at Target or Kohl’s instead.
Drugstores will try and entice you with Black Friday deals on headphones, for example. In 2021, Walgreens offered 25% off JVC, Skullcandy, JLab Audio, or Muze headphones and earbuds.
Don’t even bother with these, because you can find much better quality electronics deals at Target and Kohl’s. In fact, we almost always see a Target Black Friday deal for $100 off Beats headphones.
Get more Target Black Friday shopping tips.
8. Join the CVS ExtraCare loyalty program at least a week before Black Friday.
I recommend joining about a week before Black Friday so you’re fully in CVS’s system. During this time, you can explore our CVS deals and try a few out.
9. Score all the CVS Black Friday freebies you see.
In 2021, CVS Black Friday deals offered equal amounts of ExtraBucks back for certain purchases. For example, in 2021 the CVS Health Acetaminophen was regularly priced at $5.59, but you’d receive $5.59 back in ExtraBucks for buying it, making it essentially free.
If the store isn’t crazy busy, you can then take the $5.59 ExtraBucks you just earned and use it towards another product!
Here are the items we got for free during CVS Black Friday 2021:
- Colgate Toothpaste
- CVS Health Baby Wipes
- CVS Health Pantiliners
- CVS Health Acetaminophen
10. Look for the Walgreens Black Friday 25% off online coupon code.
If you’re not a myWalgreens member, sign up ASAP!
Unlike the other drugstores, Walgreens does offer certain deals online. In 2020 and 2021, Walgreens offered 25% off sitewide with a promo code. This code could be used from Thanksgiving through Saturday. In 2021, the code could be used for three separate orders too!
11. Watch for Rite Aid Black Friday BonusCash freebie deals.
Unlike the other drugstores, Rite Aid BonusCash rewards received aren’t available to redeem until the following day at 6 a.m. Consider splitting up your shopping trip into two separate days to save on your out-of-pocket costs.
Just remember, you can’t use BonusCash to buy gift cards at Rite Aid.
In 2021, Rite Aid offered five items that were free after BonusCash savings. All you had to do was buy the item, and you’d receive BonusCash in the amount equal to the selling price. Rite Aid Black Friday freebies ranged from Russell Stover candy singles to Conair hair items like brushes and Scunci hair ties.
12. Walk by the clearance shelves and you might find up to 75% off.
If you’re in the store already, walk by the clearance endcaps to be sure you’re not missing out on any killer deals.
Most drugstores offer clearance up to 75% off, plus you can use manufacturer coupons and store loyalty points for even more savings.
13. Bookmark KCL’s Black Friday Deals page, and let us find deals for you.
The entire KCL team works hard around the clock to find you the best Black Friday deals as soon as they’re live.
14. Use discounted gift cards to make Black Friday purchases.
It’s easy, discreet, and it’ll save you money on top of whatever other sale price or coupons you’re using.
On Raise.com, you can find discounted CVS gift cards for 2.4% off their face value and Rite Aid gift cards for 4.7% off their face value. Set up an alert so you know when discounted gift cards become available.