We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
It’s true — drugstores like CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid offer Black Friday deals, too. In fact, if you’re gonna set foot in a store on Black Friday, make it a drugstore. Their Black Friday deals are LEGIT. I’m talking about deals like free toothpaste during CVS Black Friday, free hair brushes at Rite Aid, and B2G2 free toys at Walgreens.
To make the most of your shopping trip at these drugstores, look for anything you wouldn’t normally associate with Black Friday (gift wrap, cereal, candy…), and that’s where you’ll find the deals.
- See the best CVS Black Friday deals.
- See the best Walgreens Black Friday deals.
- See the best Rite Aid Black Friday deals.
Bookmark the KCL Black Friday Deals page and download the free KCL app to stay up-to-date on all the latest sales. You can also text BLACKFRIDAY to 57299 and receive real-time text alerts when Black Friday deals go live.
Here are a few tried-and-true strategies for shopping Walgreens, Rite Aid, and CVS Black Friday 2023 for the best drugstore deals. Visit our CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid deals pages for the best live deals.
1. Use your Walgreens, Rite Aid, and CVS coupons with Black Friday drugstore deals.
If you’re wondering if you can use coupons with Black Friday deals at Walgreens, Rite Aid, and CVS … the answer is YES! Not only will you get Black Friday deals, but you can also use coupons to get those prices even lower. This means you can use that Covergirl manufacturer coupon along with whatever Black Friday deal you see on Covergirl at a drugstore for even deeper savings. Don’t forget to check out our guide to couponing at drugstores.
See all Rite Aid coupon deals.
2. Shop the best drugstore Black Friday deals Thanksgiving through Saturday.
Unlike other retailers (Kohl’s, Target, etc.), Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid don’t typically offer their Black Friday deals before Thanksgiving. The deals generally start on Thanksgiving and last through Saturday.
Aim to save at least 50% at drugstores during Black Friday sales.
What drugstores are open on Thanksgiving 2023?
Drugstores are open on Thanksgiving! Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid are open on Thanksgiving 2023.
Related: See more stores that’ll be open for business on Turkey Day.
What time do drugstores open on Black Friday?
Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid open regular hours on Thanksgiving Day through the following Saturday. Black Friday deals at each drugstore end on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
3. Plan to get all of your stocking stuffers at CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid.
You should be able to get Black Friday deals on everything from candy and small toys to makeup and personal care items. CVS BOGO toys include hot brands like Baby Alive, Hot Wheels, and Play-Doh, to name a few.
Use these items for stocking stuffers, and gleefully check them off your to-do list.
4. Skip electronics completely — look for Black Friday deals on those items at Target or Kohl’s instead.
Drugstores will try and entice you with Black Friday deals on headphones and other electronics. For example, in 2021, Walgreens offered 25% off JVC, Skullcandy, JLab Audio, or Muze headphones and earbuds.
But don’t even bother with these deals. You can find much better quality electronics deals at Target and Kohl’s. In fact, we almost always see a Target Black Friday deal for $100 off Beats headphones.
Get more Target Black Friday shopping tips.
5. Walk by the clearance shelves and you might find items up to 75% off.
If you’re in the store already, walk by the clearance endcaps to be sure you’re not missing out on any killer deals.
Most drugstores offer clearance up to 75% off, plus you can use manufacturer coupons and store loyalty points for even more savings.
6. Expect to see CVS Black Friday deals on toys, gift cards, and toothpaste.
Every year we see deals on Colgate toothpaste, nearly-free body care products, and multiple promotions on store and restaurant gift cards during CVS Black Friday.
Here are the best deals we saw at CVS for Black Friday 2022:
- 40% off Toys or Children’s Books
- 40% off Licensed Holiday Items
- Spend $50 in Gift Cards, Get $15 Extra Bucks
- Buy 2 Select Colgate Toothpaste for $7.98, Get $7 ExtraBucks
- BOGO Free Shower Pouf or Body Wash
Related: Need help saving money at CVS? THIS is how to coupon at CVS.
7. Join the CVS ExtraCare loyalty program at least a week before Black Friday.
Before you buy anything on CVS Black Friday 2023, you need to make sure you have a free CVS ExtraCare card and account. ExtraCare is the CVS loyalty rewards program, and it’s how you start earning ExtraBucks (free money!).
I recommend joining the program about a week before Black Friday so you’re fully in the system. Once you’re in, you can explore our CVS deals and try a few out.
8. Take advantage of ExtraBucks deals during CVS Black Friday to score all sorts of freebies.
The CVS Black Friday sale typically offers equal amounts of ExtraBucks back for certain purchases. For example, the CVS Health Acetaminophen was regularly priced at $5.59 in 2021, but you received $5.59 back in ExtraBucks when you bought it, making it essentially free.
If the store isn’t crazy busy, you can then take the $5.59 ExtraBucks you just earned and use it toward another product!
Here are the drugstore items you could get for nearly free during CVS Black Friday 2022:
- Select Colgate Toothpaste
- Select Cosmetics Gift Sets
- B2G1 Free Merry Brite light sets
9. Stock up on buy one, get one free toys during Walgreens Black Friday.
Walgreens Black Friday deals for the past three years have featured buy two, get two free toys. These toys could be small (perfect for stocking stuffers) or large. In 2022 we saw BOGO free children’s card games or toys, or BOGO 50% off L.O.L.! Surprise toys, arts, and crafts.
They also offer special “Gifts of the Week” deals, which range from $9.99 Totes Footwear to 40% off Soap & Glory gift sets.
Here are some of the drugstore deals we saw during Walgreens Black Friday 2022:
- Hershey’s or Cadbury Holiday Candy, 2 for $7
- Ghiradelli, Godiva, or Lindt Chocolate Bars, 2 for $6
- BOGO 40% off Holiday Novelty Candy
- BOGO Free Children’s Card Games or Toys
- BOGO 50% off L.O.L. Surprise! Toys
- BOGO 50% off Crayola Art Supplies
Learn how to coupon at Walgreens.
10. Shop online and save with the Walgreens Black Friday 25% off coupon code.
Unlike the other drugstores, Walgreens does offer certain Black Friday deals online. In 2020 and 2021, Walgreens offered savings of 25% off sitewide with a promo code. This code could be used from Thanksgiving through Saturday. In 2021, the code could be used for three separate orders, too!
If you’re not a myWalgreens member, you’ll want to sign up ASAP! Many sales and promotions are exclusive to myWalgreens members and you don’t want to miss out.
11. Get Rite Aid Black Friday deals on candy, gift cards, gift wrap, and cereal.
Rite Aid Black Friday deals usually include free candy, free hair care items, a buy one get two free sale on cereal, boxed holiday cards, gift wrap, Hershey’s, and Russell Stover.
Here are the drugstore freebies you can get during Rite Aid Black Friday 2022:
- Free Butterfinger & Co. Candy Bars (reg. $2.98)
- Free 2-Liter Soda (reg. $2.99)
- Free Conair Hair Brushes (reg. $3.99)
- Free Scunci Hair Ties (reg. $2.29+)
- Free Softsoap Hand Soap (reg. $2.99)
If you need a refresher on how to coupon at Rite Aid, we have that covered too!
12. Watch for Rite Aid Black Friday BonusCash freebie deals.
Unlike the other drugstores, Rite Aid BonusCash rewards you receive aren’t available to redeem until the following day at 6 a.m. So consider splitting up your shopping trip into two separate days to save on your out-of-pocket costs and use your BonusCash on the second trip.
Just remember, you can’t use BonusCash to buy gift cards at Rite Aid.
In 2021, Rite Aid offered five items that were free after BonusCash savings. All you had to do was buy the item, and you’d receive BonusCash in the amount equal to the sale price. Rite Aid Black Friday freebies ranged from Russell Stover candy singles to Conair brushes and Scunci hair ties.
13. Bookmark KCL’s Black Friday Deals page, and let us find the deals for you.
The entire KCL team works hard around the clock to find you the best Black Friday deals as soon as they’re live.