It’s true — drugstores like CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid offer Black Friday deals, too. In fact, if you’re gonna go into a store on Black Friday, go to a drugstore. The Black Friday deals are LEGIT.
To make the most of your shopping trip, look for anything you wouldn’t normally associate with Black Friday (gift wrap, cereal, candy…) and that’s where you’ll find the deals.
Here are a few tried and true strategies for shopping drugstores on Black Friday:
1. Go ahead and use coupons at drugstores during Black Friday.
Any store that accepts coupons will probably not accept them during Black Friday — except drugstores.
This means you can use that Covergirl manufacturer coupon along with whatever Black Friday deal you see on Covergirl at a drugstore for even deeper savings.
See all CVS coupon deals.
See all Walgreens coupon deals.
See all Rite Aid coupon deals.
2. Shop drugstores Thanksgiving through Saturday only.
Unlike other retailers (Kohl’s, Target, etc.), Walgreens and Rite Aid don’t offer Black Friday deals starting the week before the event.
They’re open regular hours on Thanksgiving Day through the following Saturday, and that’s when Black Friday deals are live (in stores only).
Aim to save at least 50% at drugstores during Black Friday.
3. Plan to get all your stocking stuffers at CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid.
You should be able to get Black Friday deals on everything from candy and small toys to makeup and personal care items.
Use these items for stocking stuffers, and gleefully check it off your to-do list.
4. Expect CVS Black Friday 2020 deals on makeup, gift cards, and toothpaste.
5. Get Rite Aid Black Friday deals on candy, gift cards, gift wrap, and cereal.
Rite Aid Black Friday deals usually include a buy one, get two free sale on cereal, boxed holiday cards, gift wrap, Hershey’s, and Russell Stover.
6. Watch for Walgreens Black Friday deals on toys and gift sets.
7. Skip electronics completely — look for Black Friday deals at Target or Kohl’s instead.
Drugstores often have Black Friday deals on headphones, for example. Last year, Walgreens offered 50% off JVC headphones and ear buds.
Don’t even bother with these, because you can find much better electronics deals at Target and Kohl’s. In fact, we almost always see a Target Black Friday deal for $100 off Beats headphones.
Get more Target Black Friday shopping tips.
8. Look for the Walgreens Black Friday 25% off online coupon code.
If you’re not a myWalgreens member, sign up ASAP!
In 2020 Walgreens is offering a sitewide 25% off coupon code (TAKE25) that can be used from Thanksgiving through the Saturday after Black Friday.
Plus, there’ve been items like Disney gifts, makeup, and more marked down 50% just for myWalgreens members.
9. Watch for Rite Aid Black Friday BonusCash freebie deals.
You’ve gotta sign up for the free Rite Aid Wellness+ rewards program if only for the Black Friday freebies!
Last year, Rite Aid offered six items that were free after BonusCash savings. All you had to do was buy the item, and you’d receive BonusCash in the amount equal to the selling price. Rite Aid Black Friday freebies ranged from Russell Stover candy singles, to 23andMe Genetic Testing Kits.
10. Join CVS’s ExtraCare loyalty program at least a week before Black Friday.
ExtraCare is the way to get the best prices and deals when you shop CVS Black Friday.
Sign up and start earning ExtraBucks for qualifying purchases.
11. Score all the CVS Black Friday freebies you see.
In 2020, CVS is offering equal amounts of ExtraBucks back for certain purchases. For example, last year the 23andMe Genetic Testing Kit was regularly priced at $29.99, but you’d receive $29.99 back in ExtraBucks for buying it, making it essentially free.
You can also get Black Friday freebies by stacking manufacturer coupons, store coupons, and ExtraBucks promotions.
Here are the items we got for free in 2019:
- Colgate Toothpaste
- 23andMe Genetic Testing Kit
- Speed Stick
- Extra or Orbit Gum
- Cleansing or Baby Wipes
- Disposable razors
12. Walk by the clearance shelves and you might find up to 75% off.
If you’re in the store already, walk by the clearance end-caps to be sure you’re not missing out on any killer deals.
Most drugstores offer clearance up to 75% off, plus you can use manufacturer coupons and store loyalty points for even more savings.
13. Bookmark KCL’s Black Friday Deals page and let us find deals for you.
The entire KCL team works hard around the clock to find you the best Black Friday 2020 deals as soon as they’re live.
14. Use discounted gift cards to make Black Friday purchases.
It’s easy, discreet, and it’ll save you money on top of whatever other sale price or coupons you’re using.
On Raise.com, you can find discounted CVS gift cards for 3.8% off their face value. Set up an alert so you know when discounted gift cards become available.