As we wait patiently for the next Walmart Black Friday Sale, we’re here to get you prepped with all the best ways to save (like up to 60% off top tech and more).
Once the official Walmart Black Friday ad drops in 2024, you can expect the sale to start one week later. In 2023, Walmart dropped their official ad on Nov. 15 and deals went live on Nov. 22. We expect the same timeframe for Black Friday deals in 2024.
These days, some of the best Black Friday sales are between the three big retailers — Walmart, Target, and Amazon. That means prices on the hottest tech, toys, vacuums, and kitchen appliances get pretty competitive. When the time comes, be sure to compare Walmart prices to their top competitors before you buy.
We laid out our best saving tips and hacks for shopping the Black Friday sale at Walmart in 202r, plus everything you need to know about how the sale works and which items offer the best savings this year.
Looking for the latest Walmart savings? Check out our latest Walmart deals.
1. What time does Black Friday start at Walmart in 2024?
Walmart’s early Black Friday sale will likely start on Friday, Nov. 8, 2024, with three-hour early access for Walmart Plus members. Walmart usually drops an early ad preview on Nov. 1 and starts early Black Friday deals one week later.
The main Black Friday Sale at Walmart in 2024 will likely start on Friday, Nov. 22, 2024, at noon ET for Walmart Plus early access. All other shoppers will have access to the Black Friday sale three hours later, at 3 p.m. ET the same day.
Early Black Friday Sale at Walmart (Event 1) – Predicted Nov. 8, 2024
- Walmart Plus Members: Online deals started at 12 p.m. ET
- All Shoppers: Online deals started at 3 p.m. ET
*In-store deals started Nov. 10
Black Friday Sale at Walmart (Event 2) – Predicted Nov. 22, 2024
- Walmart Plus Members: Online deals started at 12 p.m. ET
- All Shoppers: Online deals started at 3 p.m. ET
*In-store deals start Nov. 24
2. How does Walmart Black Friday work?
Walmart has two major Black Friday events throughout November. For each of the two events, Walmart will start in-store deals two days after the online deals start.
The first event is the early Walmart Black Friday Sale, which is expected to start on Friday, Nov. 8. The second event is the main Black Friday Sale, which will likely start on Friday, Nov. 22, and run through Saturday, Nov. 30. After the two main Black Friday events, the Walmart Cyber Monday Sale will start on Sunday, Dec. 1 and run through Wednesday, Dec. 4.
3. Is Walmart open on Black Friday?
Yes, Walmart stores are open on Black Friday 2024 (Nov. 29) from 5 a.m. ET through 11 p.m. ET. But always check with your local store first to confirm their holiday hours. Walmart stores are closed on Thanksgiving Day 2024, as they have been for the last four years.
Walmart Thanksgiving Store Hours in 2024
Walmart is closed on Thanksgiving 2024. Walmart stores haven’t been open on Thanksgiving since 2019 due to the pandemic. But you can still shop for Walmart Black Friday deals online and in the app on Thanksgiving day.
Walmart Black Friday Store Hours in 2024
Walmart will open at 5 a.m. ET on Black Friday 2024 with most stores staying open until 11 p.m.
4. When does the Walmart Black Friday ad drop?
The official Walmart Black Friday ad will likely drop on Friday, Nov. 15, 2024, with all the deals starting on Nov. 22.
This will follow the release of their early Black Friday ad, which is expected to drop on Nov. 1 with deals starting on Nov. 8.
5. What were the best early Walmart Black Friday deals in 2023?
The best early Black Friday deals at Walmart in 2023 were on smart TVs, toys, and Apple products like AirPods. You could save up to 60% with these early deals through Nov. 22, 2023. And we must say, as great as the main Walmart Black Friday Sale is, the early deals were pretty darn good, too.
Best Early Black Friday Deals at Walmart in 2023
These Walmart deals ran from Nov. 8 – 22, 2023.
- Apple AirPods (2nd Generation) — $69 (reg. $129)
- Apple Watch Series 9 GPS, 41mm — $329 (reg. $389.99)
- Samsung 65″ Class UHD Roku TV — $398
- Onn. 50″ Class Roku TV — $148
- Hisense 75″ Class R6 Series 4K UHD LED Roku Smart TV — $398
- Barbie Doll & Newborn Pups Playset — $12.97 (reg. $21.97)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Raphael Cowabunga Skate — $25 (reg. $49.97)
- Lego Technic Jeep Wrangler — $25 (reg. $49.99)
- Star Wars Wild Ridin’ Grogu The Child Animatronic Toy — $15 (reg. $62.99)
- Lego City Fire Station with Garage, Helicopter, & Fire Engine Toys — $30 (reg. $69.99)
6. What are the best things to buy for the Walmart Black Friday Sale in 2024?
The best items to buy for the Walmart Black Friday Sale are TVs, Apple products, vacuums, and toys, with savings of up to 64%.
In 2023, Walmart had both the Apple AirPods Pro and the latest Apple Watch SE for 30% off, a deep discount for Apple products. You’ll also score $98 TVs (plus discounts on Samsung 50″ – 75″ models), $5 Squishmallows, and up to 50% off food storage sets from Rubbermaid and Anchor Hocking.
Walmart Black Friday Tech Sales in 2023
- TCL 55″ 4K UHD HDR Roku Smart TV — $188
- Onn. 43″ Class Roku Smart TV — $98
- Samsung 50″ Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV — $278
- Samsung 75″ Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV — $647.99
- Beats Studio3 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones — $99 (reg. $169)
- Nintendo Switch Lite Animal Crossing New Horizons Bundle — $199
- Apple AirPods Pro (2nd Generation) — $169 (reg. $199)
- Apple Watch SE (2023) GPS, 40mm — $179 (reg. $249)
- JLab Go Air Pop Bluetooth Earbuds — $9.88 (reg. $24.88)
Walmart Black Friday Home & Kitchen Deals in 2023
- Rubbermaid 38-Piece Food Storage Container Set — $9 (reg. $25.33)
- Gourmia All-in-One 14-Quart Air Fryer, Oven, Rotisserie, Dehydrator — $50 (reg. $99.99)
- Shark IQ 2-in-1 Robot Vacuum and Mop — $188
- Bissell Little Green Portable Carpet Cleaner — $78 (reg. $123.59)
Walmart Black Friday Toy Deals in 2023
- Lego Disney Belle and the Beast’s Castle — $45 (reg. $99.99)
- Squishmallows 10″ Official Plush — $5
- Little Tikes Cape Cottage House — $74 (reg. $139)
- Sportspower Super Saucer Metal Swing Set — $99.99 (reg. $229.99)
- Melissa & Doug Farm Wooden Chunky Puzzle — $5 (reg. $11.90)
7. When is the Walmart Cyber Monday Sale?
The Walmart Cyber Monday Sale will start a day before Cyber Monday, on Sunday, Nov. 30, 2024. The Cyber deals will last for four days, through Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2024.
8. All the same Walmart Black Friday deals in-store will be available online (and they’ll start even earlier).
Walmart Black Friday deals are actually available online two days before they’re available in-store. However, you’ll find the same deals in both places. There’s really no need for a trip to the store unless you need your items fast or you’re trying to avoid the $35 free shipping minimum.
9. Get early access to both Black Friday sale events as a Walmart Plus member.
Walmart Plus members have early access to both Black Friday sale events in November — a whole three hours before everyone else. Deals open for Walmart Plus members at noon ET while all other shoppers can access deals at 3 p.m. ET.
Also, Walmart usually offers up to 50% off annual Walmart Plus memberships during early Black Friday, which brings the $98 regular price down to $49 for a whole year of membership.
10. “Heart” your favorite Black Friday deals ahead of time to checkout faster when the sale starts.
Millions of shoppers scramble for the best Walmart Black Friday deals as soon as they go live, so finding the hottest items in stock is no guarantee.
Luckily, Walmart added a new wishlist feature for their Black Friday deals. As you browse the Black Friday preview online or in the app, tap or click the heart on any item to save it to your dedicated Black Friday list.
All the deals you save will move to your “My saved deals” list. Then, when Walmart deals go live, you can easily access your list, add your faves to your cart, and checkout fast without ever missing a beat.
11. Jump on Special Buy Doorbusters at Walmart.com because they sell out within an hour.
When Walmart gets a “deal” on a product or a deep discount from a manufacturer, they pass the savings on to their customers and label that product as a “Special Buy.” Special Buys are available online and in stores but usually sell out very quickly, so you want to shop online as soon as the deals go live.
If they’re sold out online, head over to the store, but you’ll have to wait until the morning of Black Friday.
12. Only go in-store for Walmart’s Special Buys that aren’t in stock online.
In prior years, some of the Walmart Special Buys were only available in stores. In 2022 and 2023, all the deals were available in-store and online. But you never know when retailers may decide to change things up.
13. Bottom-line best items to buy during Walmart Black Friday: TVs, Apple electronics, and toys.
Walmart is the go-to place for cheap TVs, the lowest prices on select Apple products, and half-priced toys — whether you’re shopping online or in-store. We generally suggest you aim for 30% – 50% savings on TVs with Black Friday sales, but Walmart can sometimes be the exception with their super low Special Buy prices.
For Black Friday 2023, Walmart had a 43″‘ Onn. Roku Smart TV for just $98, plus the TCL 55″ Roku Smart TV for $188. These TVs are exclusively sold at Walmart, so you’ll see rock bottom Special Buy pricing during their Black Friday sale.
Year after year, Walmart has some of the best deals on Apple products, often matching or beating Amazon’s low Black Friday prices. In 2023, Walmart will have the AirPods Pro (2nd Generation) for $169 (reg. $249), a full 32% off the regular price. Plus, the 2023 Apple Watch SE will be on sale for $179 (reg. $249).
And last but certainly not least, you can’t miss out on Walmart toy deals for Black Friday. 2023 deals were up to 58% off on Melissa & Doug, LEGO, Little Tikes, Pokemon, and more.
Related: Best Black Friday TV Sales in 2023
14. Snag official Squishmallows at Walmart for well below regular prices.
Walmart has an exclusive line of official Squishmallows, and some are way below the normal price range for Black Friday.
10-inch Squishmallows usually go for $29.99 at regular prices — 19.99 when they go on sale. But in 2023, Walmart’s exclusive 10-inch Squishmallows were only $5 for Black Friday.
Walmart also had a $15 Black Friday price on their exclusive 26-inch Squishmallows. Anywhere else, a 26-inch squish would cost you up to $100 at regular prices.
15. Shop in stores early — you can’t get a rain check during Walmart Black Friday.
But for the last three years, the Walmart Black Friday ad clearly states “Limited quantities while supplies last. No rain checks.”
So, as soon as Walmart stores open bright and early (5 a.m. ET) on Black Friday morning, be there. Otherwise, you might miss out.
16. Mix and match store pickup and ship-to-home items to reach the $35 minimum for free shipping.
When shopping online, some products are not eligible for shipping and are only available for store pickup (depending on local inventory). On the flip side, some items are only available for delivery.
If the product you want to be shipped to your home is $10, you could also buy an extra $25 worth of products that are only available for pickup. Since your order total is $35, the $10 item will ship to your home for free, while the other items will be ready for pickup at your local Walmart.
TIP: Sign up for Walmart Plus and get free shipping without needing to meet the $35 minimum threshold.
17. Take advantage of Walmart’s convenient delivery options.
Avoid the in-store frenzy on Walmart Black Friday and get what you want during the holidays when you take advantage of Walmart’s generous delivery options. Here are four ways they plan on making delivery more convenient for you:
- Extending store delivery times by two hours, so you have until 6 p.m. to place an order for same-day delivery by 10 p.m. (local time) or next-day delivery.
- Adding extra delivery drivers via the Spark Driver app (iOS/Android) to help deliver stuff, even if the delivery windows are full when you place your order.
- Increasing the number of oversized items that you can have delivered, including 70-inch TVs, artificial Christmas trees, and bicycles.
- Increasing the number of stores that can deliver alcohol.
18. Use the color-coded zone maps in the Walmart app to navigate the store.
Items are rarely where they should be during Walmart Black Friday. And you don’t want to go running around like an ant to get those Special Buys.
Thankfully, Walmart mapped out the whole store in their mobile app so shoppers can find what they want more easily. Just tap the product you want, and the app drops a pin on the exact aisle where that product is located!
- Purple = Electronics
- Green = Toys
- Blue = Apparel
- Orange = General Merchandise
- Pink = Home
19. No price matching at Walmart.com for any kind of Black Friday sale.
20. Walmart extends their return policy during the holidays.
Normally, you can return most anything you buy in store or online within 90 days for a full refund at Walmart if you have your receipt. For electronics, you get 30 days.
During the holiday season, Walmart extends their return policy like this: Anything you buy in-store (even electronics) or online (as long as it’s not from a third-party seller) from Nov. 1 to Dec. 25 can be returned within 90 days starting on Dec. 26. That means you get up to 120 days to return most everything.
Why does this matter, exactly? If you buy something during the Black Friday shopping season and see that it’s cheaper somewhere else or the price dropped at Walmart, you can either return the item and get a refund or return the item and repurchase it at a lower price.
Don’t abuse this hack, though. Walmart reserves the right to reject your return if they see too much activity.
21. Return your online Walmart order for free by mail.
Not happy with your Walmart.com purchase? You can return most online purchases for free by mail. Log in to your account to start the return process. Print a free prepaid shipping label provided by Walmart, attach it to the package (make sure to include all the original packaging and accessories), and drop it at the post office.
Select online items are also eligible for free scheduled pickup from your home. If you prefer returning your purchase in store, take advantage of Mobile Express Returns to avoid the long return lines at Walmart during the holidays. Note that in-store purchases can only be returned in store.
22. Skip using Affirm to buy now, pay later for your holiday purchases.
In 2021, Walmart signed up with Affirm, a buy now, pay later (BNPL) service company that allows you to bring your stuff home when you order it BUT it’ll cost you anywhere from 10% – 30% in interest. So, there are no savings whatsoever going this route.
Check out these other buy now pay later services.
23. Split your Walmart purchase into four payments with a ghost card from Klarna.
As for the simplest solution I found, you can use a “ghost card” from Klarna to pay for your holiday stuff in four payments over six weeks. You pay 25% of the total amount due at checkout and then make a payment of 25% every two weeks after.
The good news: Klarna won’t hurt your credit, and it doesn’t charge interest — or any fees whatsoever.
The semi-bad news: You can only use Klarna at Walmart.com, not in the physical store.
To use Klarna, first, download the mobile app (iOS / Android) or Chrome browser extension and create an account, which includes adding a debit or credit card that will be used for your four payments. The app will automatically give you an estimated spending amount, up to a max of $1,000, based on a soft credit check (which doesn’t affect your credit). Each ghost card you create will take away from your available spending amount.