I found these cute puppy bookends while perusing Anthropology's merchandise. At $68 for the pair, they were completely out of my price range, so I decided to create my own. I found wood blocks at my local craft store and these cute owl figurines at the dollar store. My daughter is pretty passionate about owls, so these seemed perfect for her. With the little extra paint that I already had and a little glue, I created my own pair of owl bookends for only $4.50. That's a price my budget can handle! Want to make you own too? The Dollar Tree always seems to have a random collection of ceramic figurines that work great for this type of project. Another great place to search would be your local thrift store.
- Wood blocks ($2.50)
- Figurines ($1.00 each)
- Spray paint
- E6000 or other strong adhesive
- I found wood blocks, precut and sanded, at a local craft store (which made this project super easy to put together). I used a 3×4-inch block for each base and a 3×3-inch beveled piece for the vertical side. Glue them together with E6000 glue and let them dry.
- After the blocks are dry, spray paint them and your figurines separately to get the best coverage.
- Once the paint dries on all your pieces, you can glue your figurines onto the base.
- Project complete and money saved! Go line up your favorite books with these darling bookends!