We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
1. Keep pets out of the nursery with a screen door.
2. Prevent stains in the car with a fitted sheet.
3. Make passing snacks easier with a toy robot claw.
4. Make middle-of-the-night diaper blowouts easier by adding a double layer of bedding.
Layer mattress pad, sheet, mattress pad, sheet. If there’s a messy accident in the middle of the night, just strip off a layer of mattress pad and sheet for easy cleanup.
5. Use a pool noodle to keep kids from falling out of bed.
6. Protect baby from the sun and bug bites with a crib sheet.
7. Turn an inflatable pool into a play pen.
8. Make yogurt fun to eat by freezing them in dots.
Fill a pastry bag or Ziploc bag (snip a corner off) with yogurt, and pipe yogurt onto wax paper and freeze. Add food coloring for more fun!
9. To ease teething pain, spread apple sauce in a piece of cloth, roll it up, and freeze.
Once frozen, hand the cloth to your child and let him or her suck on the frozen apple sauce.
RELATED: 21 Homework Hacks to Help You Win at Parenting
10. Wean baby off a pacifier by cutting a small piece off the nipple every time he or she uses it.
Your baby will stop liking the texture of the nipple as you gradually cut off pieces. Just make sure to keep the pacifier extra clean if you do this.
11. Store frozen breast milk in 12-pack soda boxes.
Freeze bags of breast milk flat by laying them down, then stand them upright in soda boxes to conserve space.
12. Prevent bath toys from getting moldy by plugging the hole with hot glue.
13. Remove crayon marks on walls with WD-40.
Only spray WD-40 on walls with a sheen to the paint — the oil in WD-40 can stain matte or flat paints! After spraying WD-40 on the wall, wipe away the stain with a clean rag.
14. Keep baby socks together in the laundry with a mesh bag.
15. Turn a laundry basket into a baby bath.
16. Keep baby from interfering during a diaper change by rolling their onesie over their arms.
17. Use rubber bands to keep the door from locking.
18. Use hair ties to prevent kids from opening cabinets.
UP NEXT: 17 DIY Cold & Flu Remedies You Need in Your Arsenal