Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve always had multiple pets—turtles, cats, dogs, horses—the list goes on. I’ve finally wiggled my way down to one dog, a Samoyed, but even one dog is really hard on a budget. Regardless of the expense, she’s part of the family and I would do absolutely anything to take good care of her. I’ll admit it—my dog is totally spoiled, but as a Krazy Coupon Lady I’m constantly keeping my eyes peeled for high quality services that offer care, medications, and supplies at a discount. This also helps me put a little money aside "just in case" my pet has an emergency need. Here are 4 wonderful services I use that will help you find discounts, deals, and savings on your pet needs!
1. Pawsitive Savings
Pawsitive Savings is a project of The Farmers Bank in Iowa (a FDIC-insured bank). This is a savings account designed to help you save towards future pet-related emergencies. The account is designed to help you save in many ways. For instance, your deposits earn interest and you get access to discounts on a variety of pet expenses (like food and prescription medications). The program is an alternative to pet insurance.
- Website: http://www.pawsitivesavings.com
- Cost: $50 one-time fee (you will receive a packet of coupons and rebates worth at least $50 when you sign up to help offset this fee).
- There are no monthly account fees, and you can use the same account for multiple pets.
- If your vet is also a member you can receive discounts and rebates on vet services (if your vet is not currently a member, the program will contact him or her on your behalf to sign them up).
2. Key Ring Pet Med Savings Program (iOS, Android)
If you’ve ever wanted to lower your costs for prescription pet medications—the Key Ring Pet Med Savings Program might just be your lucky charm. Since 50% of all pet medications can be filled at traditional pharmacies (like Walgreens and CVS) then this app can really help you save!
Here’s what you do:
- Sign up and download the free app: https://dashboard.keyringapp.com/p/703
- Present the card when you go to pick up prescriptions: You can save 10-75% on pet prescription medications at 54,000+ pharmacies nationwide (including Walgreens, CVS, Walmart and Kroger!).
- Call for discount prescription pet meds: You’ll receive a 1-800 number you can also use to get discounts on some pet meds.
- Also get alerts for special promotions: You can sign up for email or text alerts when you create your account.
DoggyLoot offers big discounts on products for your pet. Joining is free and you can join via email or Facebook. Every week new products are offered at a discount and sold until they’re gone. You’ll get a daily email announcing new offers that include toys, treats, chews, supplies, and more.
- Website: https://doggyloot.com/how-it-works
- Shipping: Shipping is always free.
- Referrals: If you refer a friend who signs up and makes a purchase, you will receive a $10 credit.
1-800-PetMeds offers deep discounts on a wide range of prescription medications, including eye, ear, dental, flea/tick, heartworm, pain, joints, coat/skin, and even prescription foods.
- Website: http://www.1800petmeds.com
- Accreditation: 1-800-PetMeds is accredited by Vet-VIPPS and the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy. They offer the same level of care and quality assurance as local pharmacies.
- What to do: For prescription medications, 1-800-PetMeds will contact your vet on your behalf to obtain the prescription. For non-prescription products you can simply order online.
- Shipping: All orders over $49 come with free shipping.