We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Unless my pets figure out how to go to the store and get their own discount pet supplies, I’m gonna just keep finding the cheapest ways to get pet food and supplies delivered straight to my door.
Related: The Best Pet Coupons
Here’s how to find the best deals when shopping for pet food online.
1. Amazon offers 40% off your first pet food delivery when you use Subscribe & Save.
Each of these stores offers you the ability to automate repeat orders on a schedule that works for you. But Amazon’s the best option, because only Amazon’s Subscribe & Save service promises 40% savings on your first order.
Every order after that will have a 5% discount applied, but if you subscribe to five or more different items, Amazon boosts that discount to 10%. But that initial 40% discount is why Amazon topped our list of the pet food delivery services.
If you’re looking to save on pet supplies from Amazon, read our breakdown of the best deals from their first-ever Amazon Pet Day sale.
2. Save $50 when you buy Chewy Pharmacy’s store-brand flea and tick medicine instead of the name brand.
Chewy has several trademarked brands that you’ll only find on their site.
Although most of Chewy’s exclusive products are priced similarly to name-brand products, Chewy’s flea and tick medicine, Onguard Plus, comes at a serious discount:
Buy 1 Onguard Plus Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, 45 – 88 pounds (6 doses), reg $28.49
Free shipping on orders over $49
Final Price: $28.49
Compare to Frontline Plus on Amazon for $77.99
Keep your dog’s fur clean with these DIY dry dog shampoo tips.
3. Get your pet meds from the Chewy Pharmacy and save 20% on your first order.
Unlike other retailers who only offer repeat delivery on pet food or cat litter, Chewy offers repeat delivery on Chewy Pharmacy orders! They’ll take 20% off of your first repeat order of pet meds.
You still get 5% off all repeat orders if you sign up for autoship, though. Here’s how Chewy prices compare to other pet pharmacies:
- 6-Pack Heartgard Plus from Chewy, reg. $63.99 (compare to Petco at $63.99 and PetMeds at $63.99)
- 3-Pack NexGard Chew from Chewy, reg. $68.99 (compare to Walmart Pet RX at $68.99 and PetMeds at reg. price $98.56)
- 1 Seresto Flea and Tick Collar for Cats from Chewy, reg. $62.98 (compare to PetSmart at $62.99 and Target at $62.99)
4. Chewy, Petco, & PetSmart all offer 35% off your first pet supplies delivery order.
Chewy, Petco, and PetSmart all offer 35% off your first order, and 5% off all subsequent orders. Like with Amazon’s Subscribe & Save service, each retailer allows you to set up repeat deliveries of pet food on a schedule you decide. Your 5% discount only applies to the products you subscribe to, rather than a blanket discount.
There are two main differences between the offerings from Petco, PetSmart, and Chewy. One is how much you have to spend to qualify for free shipping:
- Petco gives free shipping on all orders over $35.
- PetSmart gives free shipping on all orders over $49.
- Chewy gives free shipping on orders over $50.
The other is that PetSmart and Petco cap your savings per order at $20 — Chewy does not.
5. Both Petco and PetSmart offer free same-day delivery on pet supplies.
PetSmart and Petco have teamed up with DoorDash to provide free, same-day delivery.
To get same-day delivery from Petco, your order must be more than $35, and it must be placed before 2 p.m.
At PetSmart, you have until 3 p.m. to place an order and have it delivered the same day, but your order must be over $49.
Of course, as is the case with any DoorDash delivery, you have the option to tip your driver.
6. New customers get a 25% discount on their first Only Natural Pet orders.
When you sign up for Only Natural Pet emails, you’ll get 25% off your first order.
Only Natural Pet is generous with their pet food and supply coupons. I recently saved 20% with code AFWELCOME20 and $8 with code AFPAWDIET. Plus, to celebrate their 16th anniversary in July 2020, they offered customers $16 off orders more than $90 with code 16YEARS.
Those who sign up for auto-delivery will save up to 15%. Shipping is free for orders of $49 or more; otherwise, it’s $4.95.
7. Pet Supplies Plus does free same-day delivery on all orders over $35 (if you live nearby).
If you live near one of Pet Supplies Plus locations, you can get free shipping on same-day delivery on orders over $35. The catch is that they don’t offer same-day delivery at all on orders under $35. But hey, at least you’re not paying for shipping.
The nationwide chain has a massive in-store inventory, and though not all items are eligible for delivery, most are. In addition to free same-day delivery on orders more than $35, you can also save an additional $5 when you sign up for Pet Supplies Plus emails.
8. Save 10% – 15% with discounted PetSmart gift cards from Raise.com.
Before you shop, check Raise.com for a discounted PetSmart gift card.
If you don’t know, Raise.com is a website that sells full-value gift cards at a discounted rate. Usually, the savings are between 1% – 5%, but with PetSmart’s gift cards I’ve seen savings as high as 10% – 15%.
If you see gift cards for sale any higher than 10% off, pull the trigger — they’ll sell out quickly.
Read about our favorite gift card tips here.
9. Get 4% cash back on all Chewy pet supplies purchases when you shop with Ibotta.
Ibotta is a cashback app that gives you a bunch of “rebate” offers to help you save on just about anything you buy from participating stores. And for Chewy, you can get as much as 4% cash back!
Here are some current Ibotta offers at Chewy:
- $5 back on Go! Solutions dry cat food (reg. $19.99 – $69.99)
- $5 back on Go! Solutions dry dog food (reg. $14.99 – $64.99)
If you buy anything else (except gift cards) from Chewy, Ibotta will still get you 4% cash back.
I hope this helps you save money on your next pet supplies order. Any questions? Hit me up in the comments below. Thanks for reading!