- Pinking shears or other scalloped scissors (optional)
- Paper plates
- Ribbon, twine, etc.
- Use scalloped scissors or pinking shears to trim off ¼ of an inch around the edge of the plate. This step is optional, but it gives the top of your box a nice finish.
- With your plate face down, pencil in a 3 x 3 grid by measuring about 3 inches from the top, bottom and both sides, drawing lines across the plate.
- With regular scissors, cut from the edge of your plate to where the lines intersect for every other line.
- Fold sides up along each center line to form your box. (Fold so that your pencil markings end up on the inside of your box.)
- Also fold along the outside lines so that these pieces tuck into your box.
- Use a small bit of glue to secure the side flaps in place.
- To finish off your box, dress it up with ribbon, twine, etc.
- Fill it up with something yummy and share with a friend.