It’s hard to believe another school year is about to end! With that comes Teacher Appreciation Week and end-of-the-year teacher gifts. As much as we love to spoil our kids’ teachers, it can get very pricey — especially when you have more than one child! Here is a gift that will cost you pennies, allow you to recycle a water or soda bottle, and show your child’s teacher how much you appreciate her!
- Empty water or soda bottle (8 oz water bottle pictured)
- Red spray paint
- Red candy (hot tamales, red hots, etc.)
- Green paper
- String, twisty tie, ribbon, etc.
- Plastic bag
- Scissors and sharp knife
- Tape, glue dots, etc.
- Rinse and dry bottle.
- With a sharp knife, cut off top of water bottle. The remaining bottom section will become the “apple.”
- Spray paint “apple” red and let dry.
- Fill plastic bag with candy, tie with string, and place in “apple.” Trim top of bag.
- Cut green paper into leaf shapes and attach to “apple.”
These are cute on their own, but another idea is to attach a tag or make the leaf into a tag with a cute saying! Here are some “apple” quotes that would go great with this gift!
- “A good teacher deserves an apple. You deserve the whole tree!”
- “You may not see the fruit of today’s work… but you have sown a lifetime of knowledge.”
- “Teachers plant seeds that will grow forever.”