The “free store pickup” schtick is simple: Avoid paying for shipping, get your items faster, and save time.
Just be sure to bring the credit card you used to make the purchase along with photo ID. Also, read the fine print. If you don’t pick up your purchase within a certain amount of days (varies for each store), your item goes back on the shelf and you’ll be issued a refund.
Here’s a list of our favorite stores that offer this perk:
1. Macy’s: Get a 15% or 20% off coupon when you use free store pickup.
Not only is Macy’s free store pickup free, but when you select this option, you’ll get a coupon for 15% or 20% off your next store purchase! Macy’s will email or text you when your order is ready.
2. Kohl’s: Pick up your purchase same day.
During checkout online, if free store pickup is available, you’ll see a “Pick Up In-Store” tab next to “Ship.” Choose this option, and Kohl’s will notify you when your items are ready for pickup.
3. Dick’s Sporting Goods: Use self-service pickup to claim your order in-store.
Dick’s Sporting Goods’ free store pickup is no-fuss. Before you check out, select the “check store availability” button. You’ll receive an email when your order is ready, and you can pick up at the self-service pickup station.
4. Nordstrom: Pick up your purchase within one hour.
To use Nordstrom’s free store pickup, enter your zip code online to check availability and select your store.
5. PetSmart: Pick up your purchase within 2 hours.
If your purchase is eligible for PetSmart’s in-store pickup, you’ll see the option online when you check out. You’ll get a “ready for pickup” email within 1-2 hours.
6. Zumiez: Pay when you pick up!
Zumiez offers free pickup in-store when you order online, and you don’t even have to pay for your items until you pick them up. Plus, if you order during store hours, you can pick up your items that same day.
7. Kmart: Sit in your car and wait for your purchase to come to you.
At Kmart you can select free store pickup and have it delivered to your car as you wait in the parking lot. For real.
You just have to be a Shop Your Way member and download the Kmart app. You can also pick up your items in-store.
8. JCPenney: Pick up your purchase same day.
To purchase items that qualify for JCPenney’s free store pickup, just select “Same-Day Pickup” and within 4 hours, you’ll receive an email notification that your item(s) are ready.
9. Foot Locker: Get items shipped to your local Foot Locker store.
To take advantage of Foot Locker’s free store pickup, look for the “Store Pickup” icon. You’ll receive an email when your order is ready.
10. Walmart: Use the Walmart app and get your items same day.
Check in with your Walmart app at Walmart’s Pickup Desk.
11. Target: Use free “ship to store” if “pick up in store” isn’t available for your item.
You can find Target’s free in-store pickup when you’re adding items to your cart. If it’s available for your items, you’ll see “Free Order Pickup.” Next, look for an email notifying you when your order is ready for pickup at the Guest Services counter.
Coolest part is that Target also offers free “ship to store” on some items!
12. Apple: Get help setting up your items when you choose in-store pickup.
One perk of Apple store pickup is they’ll help you set up your new device when you come to pick it up. Apple items are usually available for store pickup within about an hour. Once you check out, you’ll receive an email confirmation when your order is ready.
13. GameStop: Get your items within 2 hours!
GameStop’s free store pickup is legit. Just click “Check Availability” and select “Pick Up At Store.” You’ll receive a confirmation email when your order is ready; simply bring that to the store and show a GameStop associate.
14. Best Buy: Use in-store pickup or free “ship to store.”
Best Buy offers free in-store pickup and free “ship to store” if your item isn’t available at your local Best Buy. When you choose in-store pickup, you’ll see an estimated pickup date. Head to Best Buy once you get your email notifying you that your items are ready!
15. American Eagle: Reserve your items online to “try + buy.”
American Eagle lets you reserve items online to try on in-store. Within an hour after you reserve your available items, you’ll receive confirmation that they’re ready for you to try on (and buy if you want to).
16. Home Depot: Get your purchase within 1-2 hours.
Avoid paying for shipping on big, heavy items. Home Depot’s free store pickup
will save you money and time. All about that.
17. Lowe’s: Get your items same day.
Just like Home Depot, Lowe’s free store pickup saves you time + money. Your purchase will be ready same day.
18. Hollister Co.: Reserve your items and try them on first. (Or not.)
Hollister Co. lets you reserve items online to try on in-store. Or that’s the idea. If you don’t want to try on the items before you buy, I won’t tell if you don’t!
19. Staples: Pick up your purchase same day.
Staples’ free store pickup guarantees your items will be ready “today.”
20. Office Depot: Get your purchase as soon as 1 hour after you order.
Use Office Depot’s free in-store pickup to get your items within an hour.
21. Verizon Wireless: Get your purchase within 2 hours.
Verizon Wireless’ free store pickup lets you shop without a salesperson, but if you have questions about your purchase when you pick it up, there’s an associate ready to help. Best of both worlds.
Note: The person whose name is on the account must be the one to pick up the item.
22. Dollar Tree: Order anything on the website and get it shipped to the store.
Dollar Tree’s free store pickup is a little different in that they actually ship your items to the store. The good? You can get anything on the website without paying for shipping. The bad? It can take 7-10 days to get your items.