These days, I’m all about saving the trees…except when it comes to greeting cards. Try as I might, I just can't seem to break myself away from the old fashioned paper kind! Don't get me wrong—I have sent e-cards on occasion—love me some awesome freebies! But for a truly personal touch, the paper, the envelope, the stamp, my awful handwriting…I just can't find anything that feels more authentic!
Check out these great resources for cheap and free greeting cards—both paper and e-cards!
4 Great deals on digital + paper cards
Each one of these retailers offers personalized, high quality, affordable (and in some cases free) paper cards fit for the finest occasions!
Cardstore offers you lots of ways to save—from seasonal and holiday promotions to credits when you refer a friend. Right now their promo is for 40% off Valentine's Day cards, but they have also offered free paper cards in the past!
- Get 40% off Valentine's Day cards with CODE: CCA1540
- Get free cards when you refer a friend! http://www.cardstore.com/about/rewards
When you buy three personalized paper greeting cards (each includes a photo and a personalized message), Hallmark gives you the 4th card free!
- Get your 4th card free with CODE: FREECARD
- Sign up for Hallmark's Rewards program to get more free paper cards with every purchase of 5 cards: http://www.hallmark.com/card-rewards/
Get one photo card free from Shutterfly, plus 30% off any card order! And you can get free shipping right now for any order of $39+ with CODE: SHIP39.
- Get one FREE card with CODE: CARD4U
- Refer a friend who makes a purchase and get $10 off your next order! http://www.shutterfly.com/invite/?traffic_source=globalfooter&cid=raf_ev_foot
Treat.com is part of the Shutterfly family of brands. Treat takes photo-personalized cards one step further with free apps (order from your couch) and mail delivery service (buy the stamp and they will send your card), plus reminder services and Value Paks, which give you bundled savings that equates to several free cards with each Pak (or ~$1.99 per card).
- Choose a Value Pak + free cards: http://www.treat.com/choose-plan.htm
- Check out frequent coupons + promos and join Treat to get email savings: http://www.treat.com/treat-terms-of-use.htm# (click on "Join Treat")
3 Great deals on e-cards
There’s something to be said for saving the planet one forest at a time—and these e-card retailers are the best of the best at what they do!
1. Just Wink
Just Wink is a full-service paper card company that has cards for sale at CVS, Target, Safeway, Papyrus, and many other gift stores you love (you may have even bought a Just Wink card before!). Now you can create Just Wink e-cards and send them for free. If you do decide you want to print your e-card to send, you can sign up for a 7-day free trial (through American Greetings) to try out the service. You can even send a free e-card and add a gift card when you use the app—last-minute gift shopping problem solved!
Smilebox is much more than just a digital e-card creation tool. You can send cards, videos, and more via email, Facebook, and Instagram. Or, blog, print and send at home, and personalize to your heart's content. There’s a free and an upgraded version (which gives you ad-free playback and a few other perks), but the free version is powerful enough to get you started. Plus you can use the free app to create cards on the go.
- Get the free iOS app (rated 4.5 out of 5 stars – 2.5 million downloads)
With Punchbowl, you can send beautiful personalized e-cards absolutely free. You can send up to 10 e-cards per month on the free plan, and even add a gift card if you like. You can also use Punchbowl to send free online invitations in dozens of categories.
- Visit Punchbowl's e-cards: http://www.punchbowl.com/ecards
- Visit Punchbowl's online invitations site: http://www.punchbowl.com