Dropping $250+ on a powered ride-on toy for my kid just feels painful. But with Black Friday and Cyber Monday Power Wheels deals, I’m aiming to pay less than that by strategically shopping at stores like Amazon, Target, Walmart, and even Sam’s Club.
And some Cyber Monday sales are still going and can save you anywhere from $50 – $300 off regular prices of ride-on toys!
But first, if you’re unfamiliar with the Power Wheels brand of Fisher-Price toys (and why they’re so expensive), you should know that these are battery-operated toys — usually powered by a 12V or 24V rechargeable battery. They usually look like real vehicles, sometimes being near-exact replicas of actual cars. The fanciest models even come with real-life features like an FM radio.
Those features come at a high cost, so we like to keep an eye on all the best toy deals during Black Friday and Cyber Monday. As long as you’re not too picky about buying the official “Power Wheels” brand, you can find cheaper options of off-brand models, which I’ve included below.
Text SAVE to 57299 and receive real-time text alerts about the best Black Friday deals of the season.
1. Save up to 60% with these Cyber Monday Power Wheels deals (still available!).
If ride-on deals tell us anything, it’s that saving 30% on ride-on toys isn’t that difficult. Even for discounts less than 30%, you may still be looking at the lowest price possible during Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.
With Power Wheels Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals, you can count on saving at least $50 – $100 on lots of styles of ride-on toys. Of course, the off-brand ride-on toys will be cheaper than the official Power Wheels brand, so keep your options open if you can.
TIP: Sam’s Club currently has the lowest price for a 12V Power Wheels Jeep. If you’re not a Sam’s Club member yet, you can join for just $20 for your first year (regularly $50) right now.
Best Cyber Monday Power Wheels deals still available on Nov. 28:
2. Pay as low as $19.99 for ride-on planes, trains, bumper cars, and smaller cars for toddlers.
Planes, trains, motorcycles, and smaller 6V vehicles (like ATVs) are generally the cheapest since there are fewer materials involved. Pay under $100 for a bunch of these current deals:
3. Tractors are a little pricey, but these Cyber Monday Power Wheels deals will save you around 11%.
Surprisingly, you can find a pretty good deal on a Power Wheels tractor at HomeDepot.com right now — even cheaper than the John Deere Power Wheels toy on Amazon.
4. Costco had adult bumper cars for under $200, plus kids’ bumper cars under $100 during Black Friday.
We spotted these ride-on bumper cars at Costco that have a weight limit of up to 175 pounds for the extra-large model — which pretty much makes them adult Power Wheels.
These prices were available in Costco stores until Nov. 26:
- Flybar XL Bumper Car 12V Ride-On, $199.99 (reg. $249.99) — 20% off
- Flybar Bumper Car 12V Ride-On, $119.99 — currently out of stock
5. Amazon had a rare deal on a Barbie Jeep for Black Friday — $174.99 (regularly $250)
One of the top-searched models of Power Wheels Jeep ride-on toys in 2023 was the Barbie Jeep Wrangler. But we didn’t see a price drop on it until Nov. 23! Here’s the deal price we found during Black Friday:
- Power Wheels Barbie Jeep Wrangler 6V Ride-On, $174.99 (reg. $249.99) — 30% off
6. Walmart and Amazon had the lowest prices for the Power Wheels Dune Racer (under $200).
Walmart had the lowest price during Black Friday on a Power Wheels Dune Racer, but only in the green color. If you wanted another color option, Amazon was your best bet, where they went on sale for $199.99.
- Power Wheels Dune Racer Extreme 12V Ride-On (Green Only) at Walmart, as low as $198 (reg. $289) — 31% off
- Power Wheels Dune Racer Extreme 12V Ride-On at Amazon, $199.99 (reg. $299.99) — 33% off
TIP: If you see a higher price at your Walmart store compared to the price listed on Walmart.com, be sure to ask for a Walmart price match. The item will need to be sold and shipped by Walmart (not a third-party Walmart Marketplace seller).
7. Save 20% with ride-on-horse deals during the Target Black Friday sale (ended Nov. 25).
This deal went live on Sunday, Nov. 19, when the Target Black Friday deals were opened up to everyone, and lasted through Saturday, Nov. 25:
- Power Pony Rideable Pony, as low as $399.99 (reg. $499.99) — pay with a RedCard and it drops to $379.99, or 24% off
8. Opt for 6V ride-on toys (instead of 12V or 24V models) for instant upfront savings.
Ride-on toys are generally classified by the size of their rechargeable battery, which can be 6-volt, 12-volt, or 24-volt. Most ride-on toys are 12V, meaning they’re powered by a 12-volt rechargeable battery (included, and also replaceable). But there are many ride-on toys that are 6V — and cheaper right off the bat.
Here are the major differences when it comes to speed and cost.
- 6V: Usually top out at about 2.5 mph
- 12V: Speeds of 2.5 – 5 mph and can run on low-cut grass
- 24V: Speeds of 3 – 8 mph and can run on grass and gravel
9. Kohl’s sweetens their ride-on toy deals with 5% Rewards and $50 Kohl’s Cash offers.
Black Friday Power Wheels deals at Kohl’s aren’t usually eligible for any Kohl’s coupons, but you can earn about $50 – $60 in bonus Kohl’s Cash with ride-on toy deals. Then you can turn around and spend that earned Kohl’s Cash during Cyber Monday. It’s not quite the same as upfront savings, but if you’re a dedicated Kohl’s shopper, the extra Cash can be worth it.
For every $50 you spent in store, online, or in the Kohl’s app from Nov. 23 – 24, you earned $15 in Kohl’s Cash that’s redeemable Nov. 25 – Dec. 6, 2023. That’s $5 more than you usually earn with a $50 purchase.
Here’s how that looked on a deal on the Power Wheels Retro Jeep Wrangler ride-on toy during Black Friday:
- Power Wheels Retro Jeep Wrangler 12V Ride-On, $259.99 — Pay $259.99, receive $75 Kohl’s Cash redeemable Nov. 25 – Dec. 6
TIP: Kohl’s Black Friday deals went live on Sunday, Nov. 19, and lasted until Nov. 24, 2023.
10. Don’t pay shipping fees when you order ride-on toys — ever.
The one good thing about shopping for big-ticket items like ride-on toys? You have a good chance of meeting the minimum threshold to get free shipping no matter where you shop.
Here’s a recap of the free shipping minimums at the major stores we’ve covered so far:
- Target: Free shipping with RedCard or on orders of $35 or more.
- Kohl’s: Free shipping on orders of $25 or more (the Kohl’s free shipping minimum is usually $49+).
- Amazon: Free shipping for Prime members, or on orders of $25+ or $35+ for non-Prime members.
- Walmart: Free shipping with Walmart+ or on orders of $35 or more.
11. Read the fine print when shopping from third-party sellers on Amazon, Target, or Walmart.
Always read the fine print to see if an item you’re buying is sold and shipped by the retailer — or if it’s from a third-party seller. While third-party marketplace items on Amazon, Target, and Walmart may offer a good deal, they often come with a shorter return policy window and different price protections.
When buying from Amazon third-party sellers, we always recommend you check the seller’s shop score and read reviews. Try to only go with deals that say “fulfilled by Amazon,” as you’ll be covered by the Amazon return policy.
Walmart third-party sellers will have shorter return windows (usually 30 days compared to the normal 90 days). Same with Target third-party sellers.
12. You could use the Target Toy Coupon to get 25% off one ride-on toy (ended Nov. 18).
If you shopped early Target Black Friday deals, you could have taken advantage of the Target Toy Coupon, which was available to clip in your Target Circle account through Nov. 18. The coupon was good for one use only, but the savings could really add up if you used the coupon on a $200+ ride-on toy.
Even if the price dropped closer to Black Friday, the Target price match policy covers all Black Friday purchases you make between Oct. 22 – Dec. 24, 2023. So if the Target price dropped on or before Dec. 24, you could ask for a price adjustment and Target will give you the lower price.