Do you have any gift cards you don’t want or are unlikely to ever use? Or, maybe you would prefer some extra cash in your pocket over gift cards—after all, a gift card can’t exactly help you pay your overdue power bill. If so, consider selling your gift cards on Plastic Jungle.
Here’s How it Works:
- Head over to Plastic Jungle.
- Click the “Sell a Gift Card” link at the top of your page.
- Enter details about your gift card (the retailer, gift card number, amount, etc.).
- The site will tell you how much it will pay you for the gift card.
- Choose from these payment options: check, Amazon.com gift card via email, or a deposit into your PayPal account.
- Sign in to your Plastic Jungle account. If you are new to the site, it is easy to create an account. Return to the site’s main page and click on the blue “Sign In” link. Enter your email address in the designated box and then click on the green “Register” button. Then enter your name, email address, password, and security questions and answers in the designated boxes and click on the green “Create Account” button.
- Confirm the sale of your gift card.
- Depending on the gift card you are selling, the site may ask you to verify your identity by entering a PIN code that it will give you via phone.This ensures the site that it is paying you for the card, and not someone else!
- Depending on the gift card you are selling, you may need to mail the site the physical gift card. You can print out a pre-paid shipping label on the site, so shipping is free.
- When the site receives your physical gift card or eCODE (electronic gift card number), the site will verify the actual card value and then make a payment to you based on the verified balance upon receipt.
Requirements for Gift Cards Sold on Plastic Jungle:
- The site currently accepts gift cards from more than 400 different retailers, and the site adds new retailers all the time.
- Depending on the retailer, the site accepts plastic cards, eCODEs, and merchandise credit.
- The site requires a minimum of $25 remaining balance on gift cards.
- You can sell a gift card to Plastic Jungle that has been partially used (i.e a gift card with a remaining balance of $25.01).
- You do not need a sales receipt to sell your gift card.
- The site does not accept the following cards: cards with expiration dates, rewards cards (i.e. cards registered to specific user), damaged or unsellable cards (unreadable card number or PIN), unapproved retailers, or paper certificates. These cards will be returned if requested by the seller with a shipping and handling fee of $5.00 per card.
Payment amount is based on a variety of factors including brand popularity, seasonality, and denomination. The site doesn’t pay you 100% of the card’s value because it has to turn around and sell that card to others at a discount. The maximum payment amount is 92% of the gift card’s face value. Today, the site offered me $85.00 for my $100.00 JetBlue gift card.