Now, they’re rolling back the prices on some menu favorites every Thursday for six weeks as of Jan. 14. The “Throwback Thursday” deals make the dollar menu look spendy.
Here’s what you need to know:
McDonald’s app users get certain items for $0.35 or less.
It’s free to get the McDonald’s app and to sign up for exclusive deals.
Tap the “Deals” icon in the app to find these Throwback Thursday deals (which included $0.15 small fries on Jan. 14):
- Thursday, Jan. 21: Cheeseburger for $0.25
- Thursday, Jan. 28: Small shake for $0.25
- Thursday, Feb. 4: Apple pie for $0.20
- Thursday, Feb. 11: Large fries for $0.35
- Thursday, Feb 18: Cheeseburger for $0.25
Come back Fridays to get free medium fries with $1 purchase.
When you order and pay using the McDonald’s app, you can score free medium fries every Friday now through June 27, 2021.
All you have to do is make a $1 minimum purchase, which is just buying a soft drink to go with your fries, and then adding the free fries offer (in the Deals section of the app) to your order.
The McDonald’s app constantly adds new deals.
The Deals section of the McDonald’s app is constantly filled with deals. Some are for mobile order & pay only, so just make sure you look to see each deal’s specific requirements.
Here are some past examples of deals we’ve seen come and go on the app:
- Buy 1 get 1 free Happy Meals every Wednesday
- Free medium fries with any purchase
- Free medium fries and soft drink with purchase of a signature crafted sandwich
- Buy 1 get 1 free sandwiches
- $3 off any purchase of $15 or more (which could, in theory, cover the cost of many of the items on the holiday freebie list)
If you’re a brand new app user, you should find an offer for a free Cheesburger, McChicken, or Sausage McMuffin with Egg — no purchase necessary — in the Deals section.