We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Did you know, if you have a PlayStation 4 or 5 you can get free games to play on your console? It’s for real. PlayStation Plus is like a club with a subscription plan for PlayStation gamers. When you join, you get access to perks like exclusive content including themes, avatars, skins, and extra cloud storage for saving your games. The best part is that you get to download and play free games every month!
At the beginning of each month, PlayStation Plus gives you at least two (sometimes three) games that you can download and play for as long as you’re a PlayStation Plus member.
Be sure to download The Krazy Coupon Lady app for more freebies and ways to save to money.
Free Playstation Games for March 2023
Here’s a peek at the free games you can get this month (starting on March 7, 2023) with a PlayStation Plus subscription:
- Battlefield 2042, PS4 & PS5: This game is for those who love shooting games and war scenarios. You get to fight in a realistic, chaotic world. To survive, team up with your friends and use different weapons and vehicles. Rated M for Mature.
- Code Vein, PS4: If you’re into anime and vampires, this game is for you. Play as a bloodthirsty warrior fighting evil forces in a post-apocalyptic world. Customize your character and choose a partner from other players or AI. Rated M for Mature.
- Minecraft Dungeons, PS4: Explore dungeons full of monsters and treasures using different weapons and abilities to fight your way through. You can play with up to four players at the same time. Rated E for Everyone.
Some of the free monthly games offered so far this year include Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, Axiom Verge 2, Fallout 76, Evil Dead: The Game, and many more.
Related: Game off screens with these classic board games.
Join through PlayStation.com.
So how do you join PlayStation Plus? It’s easy peasy. Go to Subscribe to PS Plus under the Shop tab at PlayStation.com. They offer three different plans:
- Essential: $9.99/month, $24.99/three months, $59.99/year
- Extra: $99.99/year
- Premium: $119.99/year
Each offers exclusive discounts and monthly games. But of course, the more expensive plans include additional benefits such as game trials and cloud streaming. You can pay with a credit card, debit card, PayPal, or membership card, which is a PS gift card.
Once you subscribe, download the free monthly games by going into the Games Home Screen>PlayStation Plus>Benefits>Game Catalog>Select eligible game>Download.
PS Plus subscriptions are auto-renew, but you can always cancel your membership.
PS Plus subscriptions are all set by default to automatically renew. To cancel your membership:
- From a PS 5 go into Settings> User and Accounts> Account>Payment and Subscriptions>Subscriptions.
- From a PS 4 go into Settings>Account Management>Account Information>Playstation Subscriptions.
To cancel through other devices visit the Playstation’s support page.
The PS5 is becoming a little easier to find.
Don’t have a PlayStation 4 or 5? You can’t subscribe to PS Plus. However, we found both models available at various retailers including Target, Walmart, Amazon, GameStop, and Best Buy. Here are the current prices for the gaming console:
- Target: PlayStation 4, 1 TB $299.99 (use Target RedCard for 5% off to get it as low as $284.99)
- GameStop: PlayStation 4, 1TB $299.99
- Target: PlayStation 5, $499.99 (use Target RedCard for 5% off, to get it as low as $474.99)
- Walmart: PlayStation 5, $462 (reg. $529.99)
- Best Buy: PlayStation 5, $499.99
- Amazon: PlayStation 4, $279.38
- GameStop: PlayStation 4, $259.99