We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Here are the details on this special Red Cross Blood Drive and how you can donate.
American Red Cross and Amazon team up for good this holiday season.
The American Red Cross and Amazon partnered up this holiday season for a “Give a Gift. Get a Gift.” promotion, giving donors a $10 Amazon gift card as a thank-you through Dec. 15, 2022.
How to get a $10 Amazon gift card for your blood donation.
To receive the Amazon gift card, you need to donate blood, platelets, or plasma before the promotion ends on Dec. 15. You can schedule your appointment at any one of the over 200 Red Cross locations across the country.
Can you get more than one Amazon gift card?
Although you can only get one $10 Amazon gift card for donating during the promotional period, the American Red Cross does offer additional incentives to those who are returning donors. After donating, you’ll receive your Amazon gift card via email. Instructions on redeeming your gift card will arrive in your inbox 30 days after you donate.
Related: Free Stuff
How to qualify for the Red Cross Blood donation drive.
In most states, you must be 17 or older to donate blood through the American Red Cross. However, some states allow donors as young as 16 (with their parent’s permission). Other requirements include the following:
- You must weigh at least 110 pounds
- You must be in good health and feeling well
- You can only donate every 56 days, up to six times a year
Visit the Red Cross website for further eligibility requirements for blood, platelet, and plasma donation.
How long does the donation take?
The donation itself only takes about eight to 10 minutes. However, the entire process can take about an hour from arrival to when you leave. Here’s what you can expect:
- Registration: Includes providing information like your name, address, and phone number. You’ll also need to present your driver’s license, donor card (previous donors), or two other forms of ID.
- Health and Mini Physical: You’ll answer some health questions and have your blood pressure and pulse checked.
- Donation: You’ll sit or lie down while you’re donating.
- Refreshments: After donating, you’ll receive a snack and drink. You can leave in about 10 – 15 minutes.
To learn more about the American Red Cross and Amazon Blood Drive promotion or schedule your donation, visit RedCrossBlood.org.