We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Feeling a little hungry on the first day of the year? Need some goodies to go along with your college football viewing? While lots of places are closed on New Year’s Day — Sunday, Jan. 1, 2023 — we’ve found all of the major national restaurants that’ll be serving up burgers, tacos, and whatever else you’re in the mood for.
(If you’re interested in doing some shopping, we also know which stores are open on New Year’s Day.)
Download The Krazy Coupon Lady app for everything holidays, including the latest store hours and shopping deals and tips.
Restaurants Open on New Year’s Day
Most restaurants will be open on New Year’s Day. Since many of these locations are franchises, operating hours may vary, so be sure to contact your location for specific details.
- Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill + Bar
- Bahama Breeze Island Grille
- BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse
- Black Angus Steakhouse
- Bob Evans
- Bonefish Grill
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill
- Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen
- Cracker Barrel
- Golden Corral
- Hard Rock Cafe
- Huddle House
- Joe’s Crab Shack
- Kona Grill
- Logan’s Steakhouse
- LongHorn Steakhouse
- Maggiano’s Little Italy
- Marie Callender’s
- Olive Garden
- Outback Steakhouse
- P.F. Chang’s China Bistro
- Red Lobster
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers & Brews
- Romano’s Macaroni Grill
- Ruby Tuesday
- Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse
- Seasons 52
- Texas Roadhouse
- TGI Friday’s
- The Capital Grille
- The Cheesecake Factory
- Tony Roma’s
- Waffle House
- Yard House
Related: Craving pizza for Christmas? Here’s a list of pizzas places open on Christmas Day.
Are fast-food restaurants open New Year’s?
Do restaurants have New Year’s Day food specials?
Yes, some restaurants have specials or discounts on New Year’s Day. Here are some that were available on Jan. 1, 2022, that we hope to see again on the first day of 2023:
- BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse celebrated the new year with a dinner that included a Prime Rib Entrée, two sides, soup or salad, and one of the world-famous Pizookies.
- Bob Evans offered turkey and chicken meal options in addition to their Farmhouse Kitchen meals for $7.99 each.
- Bonefish Grill served a Rockefeller “Butterfish” special topped with creamy spinach and jumbo lump crab on New Year’s.
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill started 2022 with a new dish, Chicken Trio, which included Chicken Bryan, Chicken Marsala, and Polla Rosa.
- Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen served up their hand-battered Monte-Cristo on New Year’s Day.
- Chili’s started the year off with their Tequila Trifecta margarita for $5.
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store was busy on New Year’s Day serving Sugar Plum Mimosas.
- Huddle House offered their Prime Rib Tips dinner, Prime Rib Tips Stuffed Hashbrowns, Prime Rib Tips Sandwich, and Prime Rib Tips Omelet.
- Joe’s Crab Shack served up $5 Bloody Marys.
- Logan’s Steakhouse was busy cooking up their Roadhouse Party Packs that feed 10 -12 people on New Year’s Day.
- Maggiano’s Little Italy served meals (feeds two $55, feeds four $85) that included an entree, mini meatballs, pasta, salad, and mini desserts.
- Marie Callender’s offered Mimosas and Benedicts on New Year’s Day.
- Red Lobster started 2022 featuring their Isle Jumbo Coconut Shrimp or Signature Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail platters.
- Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse offered a multiple-course meal that included a starter, entree, and a side.
- TGI Friday’s had a 25% discount on all party trays, platters, and family meal bundles last New Year’s Day. The offer was only valid online or call-in takeout orders.
New Year’s Day Pickup and Delivery Options
If you prefer to couch on New Year’s Day and order delivery or pickup instead of dine-in, most restaurants offer at-the-counter or curbside pickup options. DoorDash, GrubHub, and Uber Eats will also be available for delivery service on New Year’s Day.