We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Clothing and gear from The North Face don’t hit the sales racks often, and it’s also one of the big brands you can’t use coupons on most of the time. But you can still save big without waiting for Black Friday or heading over to The North Face Outlet every time. I’ll show you how to find The North Face sales!
Never miss a deal on The North Face by downloading the Krazy Coupon Lady app and setting up deal alerts.
1. Shop REI clearance sales to get up to 70% off The North Face.
REI has sales for their members every once in a while, depending on the location, where they sell used and returned items “as is” at a discounted price. This is a great opportunity to find The North Face apparel for 50% off — or more. I’ve seen a women’s fleece jacket for just $48.73 (reg. $99).
Shop these REI deals on The North Face gear:
Related: Here’s how to shop at REI and make the store actually affordable.
2. Look for sales up to 65% off on The North Face at 6pm.com.
6pm.com offers mainly discontinued styles, at half price year-round and up to 65% off in the spring when they begin to go on clearance. Who cares if The North Face doesn’t make poppy-colored rain jackets anymore if you can get yours for half off?
I was able to snag this The North Face Half Dome Pullover Hoodie for only $27 on 6pm.com, whereas the same hoodie is on The North Face for $55.
3. Check Backcountry.com for The North Face deals up to 64% off.
Backcountry.com has all kinds of great deals on The North Face apparel and gear. In August, they were offering an extra 20% off all sale items including The North Face, making prices up to 65% off.
These deals are super easy too because they hardly ever need coupons. Get up to 65% off The North Face just by buying them on sale!
Backcountry deals to shop now:
4. Shop Dick’s Sporting Goods for up to 60% off The North Face.
Dick’s Sporting Goods offers a great deal on The North Face throughout the year. During January through March, you’ll find up to 50% off outerwear and winter jackets. Leading into the summer, I’ve found apparel for up to 60% off. Once The North Face hits 60% off at Dick’s, buy it, as they usually don’t discount anymore. (And even if they do, it’ll be super picked over.)
During Black Friday, I’ve seen Dick’s offer 35% off all The North Face outerwear, too.
Shop these deals at Dick’s:
5. Watch for Zulily deals to find The North Face clothing for 60% off.
Have you heard about Zulily? The daily deal site offers discounted clothing, toys, and home decor, all for 40% – 80% off regular prices. As long as you’re okay with waiting 2 – 4 weeks to get your items, you can score some really great Zulily deals — even on big brands like The North Face.
Related: We can teach you how to shop Zulily and really maximize your savings.
6. Save 50% or more on The North Face apparel at Macy’s.
Macy’s runs Last Act clearance sales often. When we can find these deals on The North Face apparel, we jump for joy! In December 2022, we found tank tops for $12 or less (reg. $35 – $40). Styles and sizes may be limited, but for such huge savings, it’s worth running to Macy’s and browsing their clearance section.
Shop these Macy’s deals:
7. Find tons of The North Face clearance and sales on Moosejaw.com.
Moosejaw.com is great for all kinds of The North Face apparel. My most recent finds included a men’s pullover for $83.99 (reg. 198.95) and a women’s jacket for $102.99 (reg. $228.95). That’s up to 58% in savings!
Plus, you can take a short survey and they’ll email you a coupon for $10 off your purchase of $25 or more, including sale items.
Shop these Moosejaw deals now:
8. Shop at The North Face outlets for up to 30% off.
If you are near one of The North Face outlet stores, be sure to pop in and see what you can find. You’ll see overstock, discontinued, factory seconds, and made-for-outlet exclusives.
Outlet-exclusive items tend to be of lower quality and are never actually sold in regular The North Face stores. Always check for loose stitches, tears in the fabric, and cheap zippers.
9. Buy Macy’s The North Face apparel during Black Friday to save 30%.
Can’t find anything in Macy’s Last Act? Watch for savings during their Black Friday, Labor Day, Black Friday in July, and Semi-Annual sales. Many of them include The North Face apparel.
Macy’s doesn’t allow coupons for The North Face products, but the sales can be great on their own. Black Friday 2022 offered The North Face styles starting at just $9.93.
10. Shop The North Face at Ross, T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, and the Sierra Trading Post for half-price apparel.
The next time you’re shopping around Ross, Marshalls, T.J.Maxx, or the Sierra Trading Post, be sure to keep your eyes peeled for The North Face apparel. It can be a total hit or miss, as the stock is different at every store. For example, in my area, I always have the best luck finding The North Face at T.J.Maxx.
Some of these stores also have online stores, but shop in stores to find limited-quantity items, fresh markdowns, and a better selection.
Of course, the stock is inconsistent, but is there any better feeling than finding a treasure at one of these stores and then paying almost nothing for it?
Current deal at Sierra:
Latest deals at T.J.Maxx:
Current deal at Marshalls:
11. Comb thrift stores for used and low-priced The North Face gear.
Check thrift stores for The North Face apparel. Sometimes you can even find jackets lower than $10! One great place to look is ThredUp.com where you can get up to 70% off used The North Face apparel. They almost always have a bonus offer when you first sign up. Recently it was an extra 50% off!
The best part is The North Face’s lifetime warranty. If you pick something up at a thrift store that has a defect, send it in to be evaluated to see if it can be replaced or fixed! Use the warranty for things like a broken zipper or a waterproof jacket that isn’t waterproof. The lifetime warranty doesn’t cover regular wear and tear, though, so if it seems like an older product with stains or worn-out fabric, they probably won’t replace it.
Related: Find out what to know before you shop at online thrift stores like ThredUp.
12. Join The North Face rewards program XPLR Pass for exclusive sales and discounts.
Sign up for The North Face XPLR Pass Loyalty discount for first dibs on sales, discounts, and coupons, and points on purchases. The XPLR Pass gives one point for every dollar you spend. They give you 10% off your first online purchase for signing up.
13. Get a $10 gift card for trading in gently-used items as an XPLR Pass member.
The North Face Renewed program gives you a $10 gift card when you trade in a gently used item at one of The North Face’s retail or outlet stores. You have to be an XPLR Pass member to take advantage of this program, and you’re limited to one trade-in per day. You should see a designated box inside the store where your donations go, and you’ll want to notify an associate in order to get your gift card.
In the future, you’ll be able to sell your pre-owned The North Face gear directly through The North Face Renewed program, but it’s not available just yet.
14. Make sure you’re not buying counterfeit The North Face products.
Always check and double-check before buying from third-party sellers (like on Amazon) for:
- Errors in the logo. Real apparel made by The North Face will have nice even stitches and spaces between the letters in the logo. The worst counterfeits tend to have errors like bad stitches or even misspellings.
- A red tag. Real The North Face products have a red hangtag outside. On the tag should be the product code, style code, barcode, price, and place of manufacture. However, this isn’t helpful if the tags have already been taken off.
- Paracord zippers. Check small details like zippers, buttons, pulls, and studs. Zippers should never be plastic.
- Deals that are too good to be true. While it is possible to get more than 50% off, like at 6pm.com, it’s not very common, so be extra careful.
Related: Even though The North Face healthcare discount is over, we found other ways to save.
15. Shop The North Face dupes if you’re just looking for a deal.
If you’re not dead-set on The North Face brand, we can help you find deals on The North Face dupes. Check out these clog slipper dupes we found at Kohl’s: