The North Face doesn’t hit many sales racks and is often one of the big brands you can’t use coupons on. You can still save big without waiting for Black Friday or heading over to The North Face Outlet every time. I’ll show you how!
Never miss a deal on The North Face by downloading the KCL app and setting up deal alerts.
1. Shop the REI Garage Sale to get up to 50% off The North Face.
REI has garage sales for its members every once in a while, depending on the location, where they sell used and returned items “as is” at a discounted price. This is a great opportunity to find The North Face apparel for up to 50% off. I’ve seen a women’s fleece jacket for just $48.73 (reg. $99).
2. Save up to 70% on The North Face apparel with Macy’s Last Act.
Macy’s runs Last Act clearance sales often. When we can find these deals on The North Face apparel, we jump for joy! In April 2021, we found kids’ jackets for just $37 (reg. $140). Styles and sizes may be limited, but for such huge savings, it’s worth running to Macy’s and browsing their clearance section.
3. Shop DICK’S Sporting Goods for up to 60% off The North Face.
Dick’s Sporting Goods offers a great deal on The North Face throughout the year. During January through March, you’ll find up to 50% off outerwear and winter jackets. Leading into the summer, I’ve found apparel for up to 60% off. Once The North Face hits 60% off at Dick’s, buy it, as they usually don’t discount anymore. (And even if they do, it’ll be super picked over.)
During Black Friday 2020, Dick’s offered 35% off all The North Face outerwear, too.
4. Look for sales up to 65% off on The North Face at 6pm.com.
6pm.com offers mainly discontinued styles, at half price year-round and up to 65% off in the spring when they begin to go on clearance. Who cares if The North Face doesn’t make poppy-colored rain jackets anymore, if you can get yours for half off?
I was able to snag this The North Face Mountain Sweatshirt Hoodie 3.0 for only $54.99 on 6PM.com, whereas the same hoodie is on The North Face for $104.30 (reg. $149).
5. Check Backcountry.com for The North Face deals up to 65% off.
Backcountry.com has all kinds of great deals on The North Face apparel and gear. In August, they were offering an extra 20% off all sale items including The North Face, making prices up to 65% off.
These deals are super easy too because they hardly ever need coupons. Get up to 65% off The North Face just by buying them on sale!
6. Get up to 50% off The North Face footwear and apparel on Shoes.com.
Shoes.com does not just sell The North Face footwear, but also apparel. They offer up to 50% off throughout the year, so be sure to be signed up for the email alerts. I saw a The North Face Osito Jacket for only $49.95 (reg. $99). This same jacket is on TheNorthFace.com for $69.30.
You can also get 30% off your first order and when you join My Shoes Rewards, where you’ll earn 1 point for every $1 spent.
7. Find tons of The North Face clearance and sales on Moosejaw.com.
Moosejaw.com is great for all kinds of The North Face apparel. My most recent finds included a men’s pullover for $83.99 (reg. 198.95) and a women’s jacket for $102.99 (reg. $228.95). That’s up to 58% in savings!
Plus, you can take a short survey and they’ll email you a coupon for $10 off your purchase of $25 or more, including sale items.
8. Shop at The North Face outlets for up to 30% off.
If you are near one of The North Face outlet stores, be sure to pop in and see what you can find. You’ll see overstock, discontinued, factory seconds, and made-for-outlet exclusives.
Outlet-exclusive items tend to be of lower quality and are never actually sold in regular The North Face stores. Always check for loose stitches, tears in the fabric, and cheap zippers.
9. Buy Macy’s The North Face apparel during Black Friday to save 30%.
Can’t find anything in Macy’s Last Act? Watch for savings during their Black Friday, Labor Day, Black Friday in July, and Semi-Annual sales. Many of them include The North Face apparel. Macy’s doesn’t allow coupons for The North Face products, but the sales can be great on their own. Black Friday 2020 offered The North Face styles starting at just $17.50.
10. Shop The North Face at Ross, T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, and the Sierra Nevada Trading Post for half-price apparel.
The next time you’re shopping around Ross, Marshalls, T.J.Maxx, or the Sierra Nevada Trading Post, be sure to keep your eyes peeled for The North Face apparel. It can be a total hit or miss, as the stock is different at every store. For example, in my area, I always have the best luck finding The North Face at T.J.Maxx.
Some of these stores also have online stores, but shop in stores to find limited-quantity items, fresh markdowns, and a better selection.
Of course, the stock is inconsistent, but is there any better feeling than finding a treasure at one of these stores and then paying almost nothing for it?
11. Comb Thrift stores for used and low-priced The North Face gear.
Check thrift stores for The North Face apparel. Sometimes you can even find jackets lower than $10! One great place to look is ThredUp.com where you can get up to 70% off used The North Face apparel. They almost always have a bonus offer when you first sign up. Recently it was an extra 50% off!
The best part is The North Face’s lifetime warranty. If you pick something up at a thrift store that has a defect, send it in to be evaluated to see if it can be replaced or fixed! Use the warranty for things like a broken zipper or a waterproof jacket that isn’t waterproof. The lifetime warranty doesn’t cover regular wear and tear, though, so if it seems like an older product with stains or worn-out fabric, they probably won’t replace it.
12. Join The North Face rewards program XPLR Pass for exclusive sales and discounts.
Sign up for The North Face XPLR Pass Loyalty discount for first dibs on sales, discounts and coupons, and points on purchases. The XPLR Pass gives one point for every dollar you spend. They give you 10% off your first online purchase for signing up.
13. Get a Gift Card back for Gently-used Items on TheNorthFace.com.
The North Face Renewed program gives you a gift card for your gently used items. You can submit your used items (up to three items per year). They will provide you with a prepaid shipping label, and after about two weeks, you’ll receive your gift card to be used on TheNorthFace.com. The item(s) you submit will determine your amount. For example, you can send in a 3-in-1 jacket and get back a $50 gift card.
14. Make sure you’re not buying counterfeit The North Face products.
Always check and double-check before buying from third-party sellers (like on Amazon) for:
- Errors in the logo. Real apparel made by The North Face will have nice even stitches and spaces between the letters in the logo. The worst counterfeits tend to have errors like bad stitches or even misspellings.
- A red tag. Real The North Face products have a red hangtag outside. On the tag should be the product code, style code, barcode, price, and place of manufacture. However, this isn’t helpful if the tags have already been taken off.
- Paracord zippers. Check small details like zippers, buttons, pulls, and studs. Zippers should never be plastic.
- Deals that are too good to be true. While it is possible to get more than 50% off, like at 6pm.com, it’s not very common, so be extra careful.