Did you know that you can earn cash back with the Venmo Debit Card at some retailers like Sephora, American Eagle, and H&M? Did you know they even had a debit card? Yep, the decade-old payment service gets you back a few bucks when you shop at certain retailers. I’m gonna show you how easy it is.
Download the KCL app for more money-saving tips, deals, and coupons.
1. Apply for the Venmo debit card through the Venmo app.
To get the Venmo debit card, you have to apply through the Venmo app in the “Settings” section. I’m assuming, of course, that you already have a Venmo account.
2. Keep a balance in your Venmo account, or use the Reload feature if you tend to forget.
When you make a purchase using your Venmo debit card, the money automatically comes from your Venmo account. If your Venmo balance is too low, it’ll get denied, unless you enable the Reload Automatically feature (under the Venmo Debit Card option in the settings menu).
With the Reload Automatically feature enabled, Venmo will add money $10 at a time to cover any purchase over your Venmo balance.
3. Earn 5 – 6% cash back when you pay with your Venmo debit card in store.
Just swipe your Venmo debit card at the register, and your cash back will automatically go into your Venmo account. Here are some of the offers I found in my Venmo app:
Before you read on, be sure to bookmark the KCL Sephora Deals page to stay informed about all the deals.
4. Shop through the Venmo app and earn up to 10% cash back.
You can shop and earn cash back from several online retailers through the Venmo app. Just click “Offers” in the settings menu, and scroll down to “Online Debit Card Offers.” Here’s what you can find:
5. Venmo has daily cash back maximums up to $40.
Like other cash-back programs, Venmo has a limit set by store or category on what you can earn per day. The smallest amount I’ve seen is $5 a day for Dunkin’ Donuts, up to $40 at Sephora, which makes sense. Here are a few other examples:
6. Venmo debit charges no fees, but Paypal debit charges 2.9% plus $0.30 per transaction.
Use your Venmo debit card and never have to worry about transaction fees like PayPal charges when you use their debit card.
7. Venmo Buyer Protection can protect you like a credit card.
While they may not protect every transaction, Venmo does have a purchase protection program that can help you get your money back if you buy something and get ripped off.
8. Amazon doesn’t let you pay with Venmo, but the Venmo debit card is a work-around.
Although Amazon doesn’t accept standard Venmo payments, an easy work-around is to use your Venmo debit card as a payment method in your Amazon account. Boom! Take that, Amazon.