Avocado toast is all the rage, but even deliciously trendy foods can get stale if you’re eating the same old thing every day.
Try these 10 avocado toast recipes to upgrade your breakfast (or lunch or afternoon snack!) so you don’t get sick of your favorite avocado combo:
1. Make your regular avocado toast using leftover garlic bread.
Have leftover garlic bread from your spaghetti dinner? Use it to make avocado toast the next morning!
2. Sprinkle “Everything But the Bagel” seasoning from Trader Joe’s on top.
If you love an “everything” bagel, this will serve as a healthy replacement that tastes equally delicious.
3. Use avocados, honey and cocoa powder to make a filling chocolate spread.
You’ll need avocados, cocoa powder, honey, strawberries and toast to make this amazing chocolate avocado toast. Just like Nutella. . . except guilt-free. Get the full recipe here.
4. Drizzle olive oil and flaky sea salt over the top of your smashed avocado.
5. Add smoked salmon and slivered red onions for a savory breakfast treat.
6. Scramble an egg and sprinkle bacon on top.
7. Top with Gorgonzola, pear, walnuts and honey.
8. Make chili mango avocado toast for a fresh n’ spicy morning.
Mint, honey and chili powder give this mango avocado toast a drool-worthy kick. Works best on a hearty, savory bread. Get the full recipe here.
9. Top your avocado toast with soft boiled eggs.
Sprinkle with red pepper flakes if you enjoy a little extra heat!
10. Top your toast with sunflower and pomegranate seeds.
A little salt and pepper will help meld the flavors, and the seeds will amp up the nutrients.