If you’re trying to work in a healthy breakfast, or even if you’re just trying to find the time to have breakfast at all, these overnight oat recipes will keep your breakfast game strong.
If you don’t like ’em cold, then toss these in the microwave for a minute or two when you’re ready to eat. Whip some up for tomorrow. You won’t be sad.
1. Warm up with these chai-spiced overnight oats.
Combine 2 cups oats with 2 tablespoons chia seeds, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon cardamom, 1/8 teaspoon cloves and 3 tablespoons brown sugar. Mix with 2.5 cups almond milk and refrigerate overnight.
2. Eat a candy bar for breakfast — kind of — with these Almond Joy overnight oats.
These taste just like the real thing. Try them and thank me later.
3. Enjoy cookie dough without the worry with this oat recipe.
Combine 1/2 cup oats, 3/4 cup milk and 1 tablespoon each chia seeds and nut butter. Add 1 tablespoon chocolate chips and 2 teaspoon maple syrup and toss in the fridge overnight.
4. Wake up the right way with the banana chocolate chip oats.
Start with 1/2 cup each oats and milk. Mix in 1 tablespoon each chocolate chips and chia seeds, then top with sliced bananas and a drizzle of honey.
5. Prep for your morning workout with vanilla protein overnight oats.
Combine 1/2 cup oats with 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Top it with 3/4 cup almond milk.
6. Stay cozy with mint hot chocolate overnight oats.
You’ll need to make some mint hot chocolate for this recipe, but we think it’s totally worth the extra 10 minutes.
Once it’s done, all you’ll need to do is add 1/2 cup oats to 3/4 cup of the hot chocolate and refrigerate overnight.
7. Treat yourself with some snickerdoodle oats.
Add 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 tablespoon brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds to a container and top with a cup of almond milk. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
It’s like eating a cookie for breakfast.
8. Keep it traditional with maple and brown sugar.
Combine 1 cup oats with 1 tablespoon each brown sugar and maple syrup. Add 1/2 teaspoon each cinnamon and vanilla extract. Top it all with a cup of your choice of milk, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
9. Pretend it’s fall with pumpkin spice overnight oats.
Pumpkin spice will never not be delicious. Mix 1/2 cup pumpkin puree with 1/3 cup almond milk. Pour them over 1/2 cup oats and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Top it all off with 1/2 cup greek yogurt, and you basically get to wake up to pie.
10. Stay caffeinated with coffee oats.
Add 1/2 cup of brewed coffee to 1/3 cup oats, 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Refrigerate overnight.
Top it with yogurt and chocolate chips in the morning if you’re feeling fancy.
11. Stay refreshed with this lemon oat recipe.
Combine 3/4 cup oats with the juice of 1/2 a lemon, 3/4 cup almond milk, 1 teaspoon maple syrup, 1 tablespoon chia seeds and a pinch of salt. Refrigerate overnight and enjoy in the morning.
12. Make strawberries and cream overnight oats for a light breakfast.
Start with 1/2 cup each oats and almond milk, and mix in 2 tablespoon strawberry jam. Layer vanilla yogurt and sliced strawberries on top before refrigerating overnight. Dreamy.
13. Get the flavor without the calories with french toast oats.
Start with a cup of oats, a scoop of vanilla protein powder and a tablespoon chia seeds. Add in 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 2 tablespoon maple syrup and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Top it with a cup of almond milk and refrigerate.
You can still add whipped cream in the morning. It’ll be our secret.
14. Celebrate any day with birthday cake batter oats.
This recipe has a few more ingredients, but it includes sprinkles, so it’s worth it.
15. Slice up some fresh fruit for these peachy oats.
Combine 1/2 cup each oats and milk with 2 tablespoon chia seeds and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, then top with fresh sliced peaches and sliced almonds. Keep it in the fridge overnight.
16. Keep Christmas in your heart all year with gingerbread cookie overnight oats.
Follow this sweet tutorial to fall in love with these spiced oats.
17. Feel like a kid again with PB&J oats.
Mash a ripe banana and mix it with 4 tablespoons peanut butter and top with 1 cup almond milk. Keep in the fridge overnight, then top with jam and enjoy the flavors of childhood.
18. Taste the tropics with pineapple upside down cake oats.
It’ll be like you’re eating breakfast on the beach when you follow this recipe.