Fill your Valentine’s tummy with these delicious, cream-filled Strawberry Cookies. They are delicious with or without the cream-cheese filling.
Valentine Strawberry Cookies
1 strawberry cake mix package (not extra moist or pudding added) – $0.98
2 eggs – $0.22
3/4 cup shortening – $0.49
1 (8 oz.) pkg cream cheese – $1.25
1/2 stick butter, softened – $0.46
4 cups powdered sugar – $0.64
2 tsp vanilla – $0.02
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cake mix, eggs and shortening. The mixture should be thick.
2. Roll the batter into tablespoon-sized balls. Place two next to each other. Pinch the bottom and sides together to create a heart shape. Continue with remaining dough, being sure to leave 2 inches between each heart.
3. Bake cookies 8 minutes and transfer to cooling rack. While cookies cool, make frosting.
4. Make frosting by combining cream cheese and butter with a mixer. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. If frosting seems too thick, add a tablespoon of milk.
5. Frost one cookie and add another cookie on top to make a “sandwich.” Continue with remaining cookies.
Yields: 12–15 cookies
Total Cost: $4.06