If you like take n’ bake pizza and you like money, I’m sure Papa Murphy’s is already your jam. Because, cheap pizza, hot from your own oven.
Even so, you may not realize you can avoid paying full price for Papa Murphy’s every time. Here’s how I do it:
1. Check out Papa Murphy’s on Facebook and get a coupon for 25% off a $20 online order.
Basically, $4 worth of free money toward your next Papa Murphy’s feeding frenzy just by scrolling through their feed and using the promo codes.
2. Don’t throw away plastic coupons you get in the mail. They’re reusable!
A few times a year, I get a set of plastic coupons via snail mail that I can use over and over in store until the expiration date. For coupons I receive in June, the expiration date is often end of September.
Summer and fall are when I most frequently see these coupons. Common offers:
- BOGO free Large and Family size pizzas
- $6 off a Large 2-topping pizza
- $5 off Family size pizza
- $10 any Large or Create Your Own Pizza.
3. Papa Murphy’s has two sign-up programs: MySlice Rewards and Text Club.
Yep, there are two different sign-ups. One is the Papa Murphy’s loyalty program and it’ll get you coupons (MySlice Rewards), and one will give you the ability to order pizza online (Text Club).
If you ordered your pizza online and checked out at a guest, you’re not yet enrolled in MySlice Rewards. You need to sign up for that separately. You can opt in for text alerts by texting CIRCLE to 90421 and get coupons and offers texted to you.
If you are in store, you can do both from the pin pad at the register.
4. Order four $12 pizzas one Tuesday a month to have cheap pizza every week.
Everyone knows that Tuesday is the night to buy Papa Murphy’s pizza because you can get a 5-topping pizza for $12. In some states it’s only $10!
I buy four pizzas on the first Tuesday of the month and freeze the other three to use once a week the rest of the month.
5. Ask for a “cold crust” and a double wrap if you want to freeze your pizza to bake later.
When you get a “cold crust” it just means the yeast hasn’t activated yet and it’ll taste better when you finally bake it.
Papa Murphy’s can also double wrap the pizza so it’s more protected in your freezer.
6. Get an $8 Papa Murphy’s pizza on Halloween and Valentine’s Day.
The Heartbaker pizza is available during the week of Valentine’s Day and it’s shaped like a heart. The Jack O’Lantern pizza is shaped like a pumpkin.
7. Grill your Papa Murphy’s pizza.
If you’ve never grilled a pizza before, you’re missing out on what it means to live. Here are the instructions.
8. Follow Papa Murphy’s on Facebook during October (National Pizza Month) for a chance to win a $25 gift card.
Every year, Papa Murphy’s runs a one-day contest where readers comment on Facebook for a chance to win a gift card.
9. Pay with EBT benefits if you have them.
Granted this won’t apply to everyone, but if you qualify for EBT benefits, you can use them to buy from Papa Murphy’s.
10. Ask employees to change their gloves when they make a gluten-free pizza.
Employees will do anything they can to help you avoid gluten contamination.
TIP: Talk about variations: Order a Garden Veggie pizza with no cheese for a perfect vegan meal.
11. Order your pizza with thin crust or keto if you’re watching your weight.
This simple trick will allow you to cut out calories without cutting out Papa Murphy’s pizza. #haveitall But, you can’t get thin crust on medium pizzas. Only large or family.
Or, just get a medium bowl filled with toppings (keto) and enjoy all the taste without the waist.
12. Don’t want to cook the whole pizza? Cut it up into rolls!
Tightly roll up your pre-baked pizza, coat it with olive oil, and cut it into rolls about 1-1 1/2″ thick.
Place the rolls on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees (use the stuffed pizza directions) until golden brown — usually about 25-30 minutes.
It’s a great hack for when you don’t want to cook the whole pizza, or just want to change things up.
13. Fun fact — chicken used on Papa Murphy’s pizzas is raised without antibiotics (RWA).
Anyone who has picked up a Papa Murphy’s pizza knows ingredients are fresh, but most people don’t realize the chicken is raised without antibiotics.