We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Shutterfly free shipping. Shutterfly promo codes. Shutterfly app bonuses. These are just a few things you’re gonna need to get your photos printed on the cheap. And I tell you what, it just doesn’t make sense to shop on Shutterfly without them.
Whether you just got done with your holiday photoshoot or just want to give someone a special gift, you’re probably gonna need photo prints this year. And with my Shutterfly hacks, I’ll show you how to get your prints without breaking the bank.
Remember to download the official KCL app for more news and updates.
1. Download the Shutterfly app for unlimited free photo prints and unlimited storage.
Don’t start shopping for your new prints without the Shutterfly app. Unlike ordering from the website, as long as you order from the app, you get as many free 4×4 and 4×6 prints as you want. Keep in mind you still have to pay shipping and taxes on all your freebies. It’ll cost you $1.79 to ship a single print with an extra nine cents for each individual print.
You also get totally unlimited photo storage, which totally helped me free up some space on my phone.
2. Grab 101 Shutterfly free prints and more when you create an account.
When you create a Shutterfly account, you immediately get four free gifts:
- 5 free magnets
- 101 free prints (4×4 and 4×6)
- One free art print
- One free set of address labels
You’ve only got 30 days after you sign up to take advantage, so definitely don’t dawdle on this one. When it comes to the free prints, you can’t mix and match 4×4 and 4×6-sized prints; you have to choose one size per order to get them for free.
Like when you order through the app, you’ve still gotta pay shipping on your prints.
3. Use Shutterfly free shipping promo codes to save an extra couple bucks.
You can get Shutterfly free shipping on orders over $39 with the promo code SHIP39 at checkout.
As of September 2020, you can also upgrade any order to expedited shipping for free with the code UPGRADE. Check the Shutterfly discounts page for similar deals.
About once a month, Shutterfly offers new promos on shipping and select products. Keep an eye towards the middle of the month for new promos to be posted. Plus, you can combine those promos with other Shutterfly deals. For example, you can order two 8×11 hard photo cover books with a 50% off deal for $39.98 (usually $81.16) with free shipping with the promo code SHIP39.
4. Expect Shutterfly promo codes and major discounts around the holidays.
Last year, I saw tons of great deals popping up in December. Which was perfect, since I was running behind on my annual holiday card family photo shoot.
I got 50% off my entire order and $25 credit in promo codes. I also saw a lot of deals around November for seasonal items like free metal ornaments.
Bookmark the KCL Shutterfly page for all the latest deals on your photo prints.
5. Shutterfly doesn’t always have the best price on photo prints.
While it’s definitely worth it to get your free 4×4 and 4×6 prints through the app, that doesn’t mean you’ll always get the best price on Shutterfly. Let’s say you’re going to get 20 5×7 glossy prints. Here’s what you would pay:
- Shutterfly – $17.80 plus $3.50 shipping
- Costco – $11.80 with free shipping
- Walmart – $13.80 plus $4.00 shipping
Unless you’re ordering the free 4×4 or 4×6 prints through the app, you’re better off waiting on a promo or getting your prints from Costco, since they offer free shipping on most print sizes.
6. Watch out for 50% off photo book promos from Shutterfly.
As of Sept. 2020, Shutterfly is offering 50% off their photo books. You should definitely take advantage of this when it comes around, since you’ll save big compared to the competition. Here’s what you’ll pay for an 8×8 softcover photo book:
- Shutterfly – $9.99 for 20 pages (usually $20.49)
- Walmart – $17.96 for 20 pages with $4.00 shipping
- Costco $19.99 for 30 pages with $5.99 to $6.99 shipping
These photo book promos come and go pretty quick, so check on the discounts page before you order.
7. Refer a friend for Shutterfly photo book freebies and more.
If you’ve got a friend who’s looking for some new family photos, you should definitely take advantage of Shutterfly referrals. Here are some of the deals going on right now:
- $50 off a Personalized Canvas Print of $50 or more for you and your friend
- Free personalized cotton tote bag for you and a friend
- Free 20-page 8X8 photo book for you and a friend
This is definitely useful if you know another family that’s looking to get family photos printed out soon.
8. Bookmark the Special Offers page for up to 40% off.
The Shutterfly Special Offers page is loaded with photo deals. I’ve seen freebies on photo books and cards, unlimited prints, and 40% off home decor, magnets, and mugs.
9. Follow Shutterfly on Instagram and subscribe to emails for sweepstakes deal updates.
The Shutterfly Instagram page will occasionally post their new deals and sweepstakes.
Here are a few that popped up on my timeline:
- The Get Set for School sweepstakes for 30 free 8×8 photo books
- $500 in prizes for a friend referral sweepstakes
- $100 Shutterfly gift certificate sweepstakes
(While you’re at it, give the KCL Instagram page a follow!)
I also definitely recommend subscribing to Shutterfly emails once you create an account. I just got one in my inbox for 40% off my next order!
Don’t Scroll Up! These are the articles mentioned: