We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Many retailers offer birthday deals and discounts as a way to keep you shopping, but the Kendra Scott birthday discount takes the cake as one of the best deals we’ve found. And if you’re not familiar with Kendra Scott, the jewelry brand is based out of Austin, Texas, with more than 130 physical stores in 35 states. They make all sorts of jewelry and giftable items, but their earrings and necklaces are by far the most popular (and range in price from $45 to as high as $4,000).
But if you join their free loyalty program, you’ll be well on your way to getting three discounted pieces of Kendra Scott jewelry during your birthday month — for as much as 50% off the regular price.
They make it insanely easy to sign up for the program and use the promo codes, which is something we always check for. But there are a few exclusions with the discount, meaning you can only pick certain pieces. Here’s what you need to know to get the most out of the Kendra Scott birthday deal.
For more smart shopping tips and savings hacks, text HACKS to 57299 or download the KCL app.
1. Sign up for the free Kendra Scott Insider program to get your birthday discount code.
You’ll first need to sign up for the (free) Kendra Scott Insider program to unlock the birthday discount. They’ll ask you for your name, ZIP code, birthday month, email address, and a password. Keep in mind that you must be at least 13 years old to join.
If you sign up during your current birthday month, the discount code will get emailed to you right away — and you can start using it immediately. When I signed up during my birthday month, the discount was automatically added to my account, so I didn’t even need to grab the code from my email. If it’s not your birthday month, you’ll get an email when your code has been activated (usually on the first of the month).
You can use your discount code anytime during the month of your birthday, either online or in stores.
TIP: In addition to birthday deals, your Insider status will get you access to other freebies, sales, and discounts throughout the year. For example, right now, you’ll get a free bag with any purchase over $125.
2. You get THREE discounted Kendra Scott items during your birthday month.
The Kendra Scott birthday discount includes three different discount options — and you can take advantage of all of them within the same month if you want to.
Here are the three birthday discounts you get:
- 50% off one fashion jewelry or Color Bar item
- 25% off one item from the fine, demi-fine, home, or watch collections
- A $50 jewelry item for $25 (in 2023, you can choose from the Jolie earrings or Jolie necklace)
So that’s a total of three items you can get for a discount. But you’re only eligible for the $50 jewelry item for $25 if you use at least one of the other percentage-off perks.
If that sounds overwhelming, don’t worry — we’ll break it down so you can treat yourself to a birthday gift you actually want.
3. Go for the 50% off birthday perk to pay as little as $27.50 for a piece of Kendra Scott jewelry.
The items in this collection are also some of the more affordable (a lot are under $100), so you’ll get a great discounted price without spending too much out of pocket.
Here are some of the popular options eligible for the 50% discount:
- Elisa Gold Pendant Necklace (reg. $55) — $27.50 with the discount
- Cailin Gold Crystal Huggie Earrings (reg. $60) — $30 with the discount
- Letter Pendant Necklace in Gold (reg. $65) — $32.50 with the discount
- Genevieve Gold Delicate Chain Bracelet (reg. $98) — $49 with the discount
4. Or use the 25% discount to save on spendier Kendra Scott jewelry made with gold or diamonds.
If you’re looking to spend a bit more on a high-quality piece from their fine jewelry collection, the 25% discount is a great way to save.
Since most of the pieces in this collection use real gold and diamonds, many of the options are upwards of $500 – $1000. So if you were already eyeing one of these pieces, the birthday discount is the quickest way to save on them.
Here are some of the options eligible for the 25% discount:
- Gina Seamless Huggie Earrings, 14k Yellow Gold (reg. $175) — $131.25 with the discount
- Delicate Cross Pendant Necklace (reg. $350) — $262.50 with the discount
- Marisa 14k Yellow Gold Oval Solitaire Pendant Necklace (reg. $600) — $450 with the discount
- Nicolette 14k Yellow Gold Band Ring, White Diamond (reg. $600) — $450 with the discount
- Elisa 14k Yellow Gold Open Frame Pendant Necklace (reg. $800) — $600 with the discount
5. With the purchase of at least one discounted item, you’ll also get a Jolie necklace or earring set for $25 (that’s 50% off).
Once you purchase something with either the 50% or 25% birthday discount, it unlocks the final birthday perk: the option to purchase a $25 jewelry item.
The items change every year, so you can get a new gift for each birthday. Usually, the items are priced around $50, so you end up getting them for half off. Right now, you can choose between either the earrings or a necklace in the Jolie style.
- Jolie Stud Earrings in Dichrotic Glass (reg. $50) — $25 with the discount
- Jolie Pendant Necklace in Dichrotic Glass (reg. $50) — $25 with the discount
6. Use your birthday discount in Kendra Scott stores or online.
To use the discount online, make sure you sign up for the loyalty program first. Then at checkout, use the code that they’ll send to your email.
To use the code in-store, you’ll just need to pull up the email offer on your phone or mobile device and show it to an associate at checkout.
Find out if you have a Kendra Scott store near you on their website.
7. Make sure you buy something you like, as all birthday discount items are final sale.
When you use any of the birthday discounts, all items purchased are final sale — which means you can’t return or exchange them if you change your mind.
8. You can’t combine the birthday discount code with other discounts, sales, or offers.
If you want to use the discount on an item that’s already on sale or marked down, you’ll only get a birthday discount off the original price — not the sale price. So unless the sale price is more than 25% or 50%, go with the birthday discount code instead.
9. Save up to 15% more when you pay with a discounted Kendra Scott gift card.
Even though you can’t combine the birthday discount with other discounts from Kendra Scott, you can still save a little extra money with one of my favorite hacks. Look for discounted gift cards on sites like Raise.com to take your total purchase price down even more.
I’ve seen Kendra Scott gift cards sell for 15% off on Raise.com, making a $50 gift card just $41. If you were to buy that discounted gift card, it could cover a 50% off jewelry item and the $25 earrings in one swoop.
10. The birthday discount is even better than the Kendra Scott Black Friday sale.
Kendra Scott’s Black Friday sale includes way more items than the birthday discount allows, but for the most part, you’ll score a better percentage off with the birthday discount.
Their Black Friday deals usually cut prices down by 27% – 49%, so you’ll save more if you opt for the 50% off birthday discount and shop the $25 sale item each year (which is also 50% off).
11. Keep the list of exclusions in mind (like clothing, engagement rings, gift cards, and gift sets).
The Kendra Scott birthday discount is pretty generous, but you can only use it on the items outlined in their fine print.
To give you an idea of what you can’t use the discount on, here’s a sampling:
- Engagement rings
- Gift cards
- Gift sets
- Hats and hat accessories
- Items associated with a give-back program
- Layering sets
- Limited-edition items
- Nail polish
12. Not your birthday yet? Get 15% off your first purchase when you sign up for their email list.
Don’t limit the savings to just your birthday month! There are plenty of other ways to save at Kendra Scott throughout the year.
If you’ve never shopped Kendra Scott before, you’ll get a 15% off coupon to use on your first purchase when you sign up for their email list.
TIP: Kendra Scott stores offer something pretty unique called the Half Earring Exchange. If you ever lose just one of your Kendra Scott earrings, bring it back to a store and you’ll get 50% off the same exact pair of earrings. If you don’t live near a store, you can contact Customer Service to find out your replacement options.