We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Raise your hand if you’ve ever shown up to the Patagonia store on Black Friday. Don’t worry, I’ve been there, too. You were hoping for deals on high-quality gear but probably left feeling pretty bummed out.
That’s because Patagonia stores are closed on both Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday as part of their Common Threads Initiative. The goal is to remind shoppers to think twice before they buy and to help further sustain our planet. In 2021, Patagonia linked up with the Los Angeles Times to promote their Anti-Black Friday campaign, which took a stand against consumerism and its harmful impact on the environment. The ad literally showed a popular Patagonia fleece zip-up with the headline, “Don’t Buy This Jacket.”
With that said, you’ll have a hard time finding Patagonia Black Friday deals at the retailer itself, but you can still shop great deals at other stores that carry the brand. Outdoorsy stores like Dick’s Sporting Goods, REI, Backcountry.com, and Steep & Cheap sell Patagonia products at a discount — and they each participate in their own Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.
In 2022, I dug into the best Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales on Patagonia products and laid out everything you need to know. If you’re on the hunt for Patagonia deals in 2023, we can help you be ready to save up to 60% on Patagonia Better Sweaters, down vests, insulated jackets, and so much more.
Text DEALS to 57299 and be the first to know about the hottest deals each day.
Download the Krazy Coupon Lady app so you never miss out on the best tips and discounts.
1. There wasn’t a Patagonia Black Friday sale in 2022.
Patagonia doesn’t offer in-store sales or online sales for Thanksgiving or Black Friday. It’s pretty rare for stores to bow out of the Black Friday madness, but it’s seriously working for this environmentally-conscious brand. Despite the lack of holiday sales, Patagonia raked in $10 million in Black Friday revenue last year (just by selling products online at regular prices). But what did they do with all that Black Friday cash? They donated every penny to environmental nonprofits.
While it’s sad that Patagonia doesn’t participate in the holiday frenzy, I fully support their commitment to a great cause. So let’s talk about other ways you can save on Patagonia gear.
Related: Another store with no official Black Friday sale? REI. But you can score big savings at REI with their November “Gear Up and Get Out” sale.
2. Check out Patagonia’s Sale section to save up to 50%.
Scroll through Patagonia’s Sale page for the latest discounted items, including Patagonia’s graphic shirts and other best-selling clothing and accessories. Products on sale are usually 40% – 50% off, so it’s worth seeing what’s available on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Here are some of the popular Patagonia items we found on sale in November 2022:
- Kids’ Trucker Hat, $13.99 (reg. $29)
- Capilene Cool Trail Tank, $16.99 (reg. $35)
- Baby Block-the-Sun Hat, $16.99 (reg. $35)
- Women’s P-6 Organic Ringer Tee, $18.99 (reg. $39)
- How to Save Responsibili-Tee, $18.99 (reg. $39)
- Capilene Daily Graphic Hoody, $31.99 (reg. $65)
- Line Logo Ridge Stripe Uprisal Hoody, $38.99 (reg. $79)
- Fiona Parka, $148.99 (reg. $299)
TIP: Don’t forget to stop by Patagonia’s Worn Wear collection for discounts on used gear. You can even filter your search by excellent, great, or good condition to save on “like-new” Patagonia clothing and accessories.
3. Save up to 65% on Patagonia during Backcountry’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.
Backcountry.com is your best bet for online Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals on all things Patagonia. You’ll have a chance to save up to 65% on Patagonia jackets, shorts, fleece pullovers, and more. Backcountry’s Black Friday sale in 2022 started Nov. 18 and ran through Cyber Monday. And for Cyber Monday, they offered 20% off one full-priced item for members of their loyalty program through 11:59 p.m. MT.
Here are some of the top Patagonia deals we saw during Black Friday 2022:
- Baby Boardshorts, $12.30 (reg. $35)
- Glorya Twist Top, $19.73 (reg. $55)
- Capilene Cool Daily Hoodie, $33 – $59
- Nanogrip Sunset Swell One-Piece Swimsuit, $55.65 (reg. $159)
- Micro Puff Storm Jacket, $274.45 (reg. $499)
4. You could have saved up to 65% on Patagonia from Dick’s Sporting Goods on Black Friday 2022.
Dick’s Black Friday sale is hit or miss for Patagonia, but when you hit, you hit big. I’ve seen online deals for up to 65% off Patagonia clearance items, even when it’s not Black Friday. So it’s totally worth scoping out if you can save.
These are some of the best Patagonia deals from Dick’s Black Friday 2022:
- Women’s Pastel P-6 Logo Organic Crew T-Shirt, $16.97 (reg. $35) — 52% off
- Pack Out Tights – in Tidepool Blue, $31.47 (reg. $119) — 65% off
- Girls’ Re-Tool Snap-T Fleece Pullover, $78.97 (reg. $99) — 20% off
- Women’s Down Sweater Vest – in Dark Borealis Green, $90.97 (reg. $179) — 49% off
- Women’s Radalie Jacket – in three colors, $111.99 (reg. $179) — 37% off
What’s great about buying Patagonia from Dick’s is that there are tons of ways to save. You’ll get 10% off your order just for subscribing to their emails and a $20 off $100 coupon for subscribing to text alerts.
TIP: Dick’s Black Friday sale started on Nov. 18, 2022, and will end on Cyber Monday (for 10 total days of deals). Stores are closed on Thanksgiving, but they’ll open at 5 a.m. on the morning of Black Friday.
5. REI’s Black Friday 2022 sale items had savings up to 51% on Patagonia.
REI’s Black Friday approach is pretty similar to Patagonia’s. All stores are closed on Thanksgiving and Black Friday to promote their #OptOutside campaign, which encourages people to make the most of the outdoors. You won’t see any online sales during this time either.
However, REI runs their annual “Gear Up Get Out” sale online and in stores from Nov. 11 – 21, 2022, and it was basically just an early Black Friday sale. But we’re seeing some price reductions lingering even into Cyber Monday.
Here are some Patagonia items we saw on sale at REI:
- Stretch Micro Board Shorts for Women, $26.83 (reg. $55)
- Lightweight Hemp Shorts for Men, $28.83 (reg. $59)
- Endless Run Tights, $28.93 (reg. $99)
- Women’s Baggies Shorts, $29.83 (reg. $55)
- Fleetwith Skort, $31.83 (reg. $59)
- Wavefarer Board Shorts for Men, $33.83 (reg. $69)
You could save even more when you use all the best strategies to save at REI. If you’re a regular at REI and don’t have their membership yet, now’s the time to change that. The REI membership costs just one $30 payment and you’re in for life. Members get 10% cash back on most regularly priced items, plus free shipping on all purchases and high-value REI coupons every one to two months. Here’s the real kicker: REI usually sends member-only coupons for their Cyber Monday sale, which starts the Saturday after Black Friday and lasts for 10 days. You may even get a coupon like “take an additional 20% off any REI Outlet item” (and REI’s outlet deals are filled with Patagonia gems).
TIP: While you browse Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals, check out REI’s Used Patagonia Clothing & Gear online. You may find some deep discounts on gently used Patagonia items.
6. Save up to 50% on Patagonia from Sun & Ski Sports on Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2022.
Sun & Ski Sports is a lesser-known outdoor retailer, but their Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales are good enough to compete with the big guys. Their 2022 Black Friday sale ended Nov. 27, but their Cyber Monday sale offered $25 off a $100+ purchase with promo code CYBER25. Plus they had free standard shipping on $50+ purchases. The best part? They carry a huge selection of women’s and men’s Patagonia jackets, shirts, pants, and accessories (about 450 Patagonia items in total).
You can also sign up for their email list to get 20% off a regular-priced item.
Here are some great Sun & Ski deals for Patagonia deals from 2022:
- Women’s Centered Tights, $39.85 (reg. $79) — 50% off
- Women’s Capilene Midweight Baselayer Top – in Stellar Blue/Light Steele, $63.82 (reg. $79) — 19% off
- Women’s Better Sweater 1/4 Zip Fleece Pullover – in Dark Borealis Green, $71.84 (reg. $119)
- Women’s Re-Tool Snap-T Pullover, $89.93 (reg. $128.98)
- Boy’s Reversible Down Sweater Hoodie, $104.83 (reg. $149)
- Insulated 3-in-1 Snowbelle Jacket, $239.84 (reg. $399) — 40% off
- Insulated Powder Bowl Jacket, $287.84 (reg. $479) — 40% off
- Untracked Gore-Tex Jacket, $389.84 (reg. $649) — 40% off
7. You can’t shop for Patagonia at Moosejaw anymore.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the Patagonia deals and discounts on Moosejaw are gone for good. If you try to search for Patagonia on Moosejaw.com, you’ll get hit with this message:
“Sorry, but you won’t find Patagonia here. After years of partnership, we feel like we’ve been growing apart and have decided to see other brands. Although Patagonia has moved out, we still love them and we’re pretty sure they still love us. We know this may come as a shock, and you’re probably wondering how we’re doing? We promise, it’s all good. We still hang out with their friends and they still hang out with ours. Since we’re back on the rebound, here are some other brands we’re hooking up with.”
I’m sad I won’t be able to score cheap Patagonia gear from Moosejaw moving forward, but the breakup seems to be going well. So at least we have that.
8. Buy discounted Patagonia gift cards from Raise to save up to 4%.
Ever heard of Raise.com? You can buy and sell legitimate e-gift cards from nearly 1,000 brands at a discount. Raise has a selection of Patagonia gift cards you can buy, and I’ve seen their discounts range from 1% – 12% off their valued amount.
9. Don’t forget — all Patagonia products come with an Ironclad Guarantee.
If you’re still debating a Patagonia purchase even with the Black Friday discounts, remember that Patagonia’s Ironclad Guarantee is for life. If you’re not happy with the quality or performance of their products, you can bring them back to Patagonia for a repair, refund, or replacement at any time.
Patagonia will even fix items that show signs of wear and tear, but you’ll have to pay a small price for the repair process. You can also trade in your worn items to Patagonia’s Worn Wear program for store credit.
Have you already scored an unbelievable deal on Patagonia gear? I wanna hear all about it! Tell me what you bought, where you bought it, and how much you saved in the comments below!