Walgreens drive-thru is suddenly good for so much more than filling prescriptions.
The drugstore opened up the pharmacy drive-thru for picking up same-day online shopping orders in recent weeks. It’s free, fast, and no-contact. Here are the details:
Get over 60 non-prescription items at the Walgreens drive-thru.
And I’m talking more than just over-the-counter cold and flu meds! You can choose from categories like grocery, household, paper goods (toilet paper is currently out of stock), cleaning supplies, diapers, and more.
Offerings vary depending on location, but here’s an idea of what you can expect to see in the grocery category:
- Peanut butter
- Canned soup
- Bottled water
- Macaroni and cheese
How does Walgreens drive-thru shopping work and where is it available?
It’s available in Alaska, California, Illinois, Louisiana, New Jersey, New York, and Washington.
- Go to Walgreens.com and enter your zip code to see if the Walgreens in your area offers drive-thru pickup.
- If so, select the store where you want to pick up your order and then shop, adding items to your online cart.
- Once you’re done, submit your order.
- Plan to pay when you pick up your order.
- Your final price is based on items in stock (you won’t be charged for items you ordered which are out of stock).
- Within about an hour of submitting your order, you’ll receive an email saying it’s time to head to the store to pick up your items. When you get there, go to the pharmacy drive-thru and tell them your order number.
Can I place an order at the drive-thru directly?
If there’s no line at the drive-thru, you can place an order at the drive-thru window and they’ll fulfill it, but not instantly. You’ll need to park and wait a while, like you would if you’re waiting for a prescription refill. The store associate will tell you how long it will be before your order is ready.
Pick up your order within 24 hours or your items will be put back on the shelf.
You don’t have to show up to Walgreens drive-thru the minute you get the email, but definitely that same day, or Walgreens will cancel your order and restock your items.
What about CVS and Rite Aid? Do they offer drive-thru pickup?
At this time, you can add certain essentials to your prescription order at CVS, but you can’t place a drive-thru pickup order online without filling a prescription like you can at Walgreens.
Rite Aid will grab over-the-counter medication and add it to your prescription order, but you cannot get essentials at the drive-thru.
You might like to read: