Is there anything worse than pulling out your favorite outfit and discovering that it’s all wrinkly? Ugh. Wrinkles are terrible. If you’re wondering how to get rid of wrinkles then these tips are for you.
1. Using a flat iron is how to get rid of wrinkles on a collar.
Looks like our flat iron is basically indispensable. It makes my hair smooth and shiny and it keeps my shirt collar looking spiffy.
Pull the garment tight and run the straightener along the length of it a couple of times. Move fast so you don’t burn your clothes.
This also works great on cuffs and hems — basically any edge.
Need a new hair straightener that can pull double duty? We have a deals page for that.
2. Make some wrinkle release spray with fabric softener.
Fill a spray bottle with cold water and a capful of liquid fabric softener. Hang the wrinkled clothing up and mist.
The wrinkles will usually smooth out on their own, but you can smooth them with your hands to speed up the process — just don’t tug or you’ll stretch out your clothes.
Don’t feel like making your own wrinkle remover? Check out our coupon page to get good deals on the store-bought stuff.
3. De-wrinkle clothes with ice.
Throw a couple of ice cubes in your dryer with wrinkled clothing for about 15 minutes. As the heat from your dryer melts the ice cubes, steam is released to help rid your clothes of wrinkles.
4. Mist wrinkles then throw the clothes in the dryer.
This method works best when you’re planning to wear the clothes right away. And anyway, what’s better than warm clothes right of the dryer?
5. Toss thicker wrinkled clothes in the dryer with a wet towel.
This is an alternative to spraying your clothes directly with water. This is also how to get rid of wrinkles in thicker material.
Pro Tip: Don’t use a towel with dark threads — they could rub off in the dryer and you’ll end up with fuzzy clothes instead of wrinkly ones.
6. Throw a wet sock in the dryer for thinner clothes that are wrinkled.
The wet sock will create just enough steam, helping get wrinkles out of more delicate material.
7. Place a damp towel over clothes to help get rid of wrinkles.
If you need to know how to get rid of wrinkles when you travel, then this is a good option!
Use a flat surface and make sure the towel is wet, but wrung out, then press down to smooth out the area. Let it hang dry for a few minutes and you’re set.
8. Hang wrinkled clothes in the bathroom while taking a shower.
This is pretty obvious, but it’s how to get wrinkles out of a shirt! The steam from the shower works out the wrinkles.
9. Blow dry the wrinkles away.
Spray some water directly onto the creases and then blow dry the wrinkles out.
Pro Tip: Smooth the crease with your hand while you blow dry. This is how to get rid of wrinkles while still ensuring a smooth finish.
10. Use the steam from a tea kettle to get rid of wrinkles.
If you’re wondering how to get wrinkles out without an iron, look no farther than your kitchen! You can use your tea kettle just like a steamer. Boil some water, wait for it to start steaming, then hold your garment over it.
Pro Tip: Hold clothes about 12 inches away from the kettle’s steam so you don’t damage it.
11. Get rid of wrinkles with the bottom of a heated pot.
Find a metal pot—one that you’d make noodles in is perfect. Boil some water in it and then dump it. While it’s still hot, use the bottom of the pot as an iron. Be careful not to burn yourself or your clothes.
Pro Tip: If you’re trying to smooth out really delicate material, try putting a thin towel between the pot and the garment to keep it protected.
12. Use a damp dryer sheet to get wrinkles out while you freshen things up.
Just get your dryer sheet a little wet and toss it in the dryer with a single clothing item. I like to use this method when something’s been hanging in my closet too long and just doesn’t smell fresh anymore. The dryer sheet pulls double duty!
13. Take clothes out of the dryer before they’re fully dry to smooth out wrinkles.
Dry your clothes until they’re still slightly damp, then pull them out, shake them, and hang them on hangers. Finish by letting them air dry.
Pro Tip: Make sure you don’t hang them directly in the closet — they won’t lose their wrinkles and they’ll smell like mildew.
14. Remove clothes from the dryer immediately and hang them before wrinkles can even happen.
The only way this method works is if you also immediately smooth and hang your clothes. Warm clothes tossed in a pile only breed more wrinkles. Trust me.
15. Place a heavy book on the wrinkled area.
For best results, you’ll want to press your body-weight on top of the book. This is a good way to get rid of wrinkles without an iron if you don’t have a dryer or steam available.
Oh, hey! Here are some links so you don’t have to scroll back up!
- Krazy Coupon Lady Hair Straightener deals & coupons
- 21 Genius Household Cleaning Tips That’ll Make Martha Stewart Jealous
- 33 Sneaky Small-Space Organization Hacks
- Krazy Coupon Lady Coupon Page