1. Sign up for a free ANTHRO loyalty card
The ANTHRO card is a free members-only loyalty program. You can sign up here. Members enjoy the following perks:
- Invitations to exclusive, invite-only events at Anthropologie stores, such as fashion shows, DIY tutorials, sip-and-shops and holiday parties.
- Invitations to sneak-peek events where you will have the opportunity to pre-shop new merchandise before anyone else. Dibs!
- Access to a free personal styling session, either in the store or online.
- A birthday discount! At the beginning of your birthday month, Anthropologie will email you a birthday 15% off discount card. Note: In order to receive your birthday discount, you must sign up for the ANTHRO card at least 30 days prior to your birthday.
- Notification of special promotions and sales.
- Two free online shipping periods per year.
- Special surprises! For example, as an ANTHRO card member, last holiday season Anthropologie sent me a bag of seeds in an adorable, reusable fabric pouch.
2. Buy discounted gift cards from authorized gift card reseller websites
- Save money by purchasing discounted Anthropologie gift cards from reputable gift card resellers such as Raise.com, CardPool.com and GiftCardRescue.com, which sell gift cards at up to a 35% discount off their face value and do not charge customers for shipping.
- You can typically find discounted Anthropologie gift cards on these sites, although inventory and discount percentages are constantly changing. (Tip: these websites usually have the most inventory and highest discounts in January after the holiday gift-giving season).
- Unfortunately, an Anthropologie gift card can only be used at Anthropologie and not at Urban Outfitters, Free People, etc.
3. Take advantage of Anthropologie’s price adjustment policy
- While Anthropologie frequently has sales, its sales cycle is not as predictable as some other retailers. Fortunately, Anthropologie offers a 14-day price adjustment policy for both in-store and online purchases. These price adjustment policies do not only apply to items originally purchased at full-price. If you purchase an item on sale and then its price drops within the 14-day period, you are eligible for a price adjustment. For more details on their price adjustment policy please go here.
- Bonus Tip: Don’t waste your time manually checking the Anthropologie website to see if your purchased item has gone on sale. Instead, try using an automated, price-drop alert program such as the free PricePinx program that will send you email alerts when the price of your selected item on Anthropologie.com has dropped.
4. Follow Anthropologie on social media
- If you want to get up-to-the-minute information about Anthropologie sales, deals, online coupon codes and special offers, make sure you follow Anthropologie on all of its social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. Anthropologie frequently posts special deals just for its social media followers.
5. Know how to distinguish between Anthropologie’s in-house and external brands
- “In-house” brands are those that are manufactured by Anthropologie’s parent company Urban Outfitters Inc. and are sold exclusively at Anthropologie (Odille, Sparrow and Moth are a few). Unless you want to go the eBay/third-party reseller route, you can’t price compare an item that is an Anthropologie in-house brand because it is only sold at Anthropologie. In the majority of cases, in-house brand items will have the number RN#66170 or the words “For Anthropologie” on the tag like the one pictured here:
- Alternatively, some brands sold at Anthropologie are also sold at other retailers such as Ella Moss, Splendid and Joe’s Jeans. These brands are called “external” brands. If you are considering buying an external brand item from Anthropologie, it would be prudent to see if another retailer is selling the same item for a lower price. To quickly do a price comparison, I typically search for my desired item on Google Shopping, ShopStyle and Amazon.