How to Curl Your Eyelashes with a Spoon
What You’ll Need:
- Metal spoon (teaspoon size)
- Translucent powder (optional)
- Warm running water
- Clean towel or paper towels
- Toothpick (optional)
- Wash your hands with warm, soapy water.
- Optional: apply a little translucent powder to your eyelashes to prevent your mascara from clumping.
- Place a clean metal spoon (teaspoon size) under warm running water for about 10 seconds. Dry the spoon off with a clean towel and carefully check to see that it’s not too hot to use on your eyes. (Note: you can still curl your eyelashes with a room temperature spoon, but a heated spoon will help your eyelashes hold the curl longer.)
- Start off with your right eye. Using your right hand, hold the spoon with the side of the spoon you would eat from facing forward. Place your thumb on the bottom curve of the spoon and your pointer finger on the top curve of the spoon. Grip your lashes between the bottom curve of the spoon and your thumb, pushing your lashes upwards. Hold your lashes in place like this for 10 seconds. You may need to curl your eyelashes in sections by making your way around your eye with the spoon.
- Apply your favorite mascara to your right eye.
- Repeat Step 4 to curl your eyelashes on your left eye. You may find it easiest to use your left hand to hold the spoon on your left eye. If you are using a heated spoon, re-warm and re-dry the spoon before using it on your left eye.
- Optional: to “declump” your eyelashes and make them look especially full and defined, carefully use a toothpick to separate your eyelashes once your mascara has dried.