We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
But with purses that can tip the $100 price point and wallets that cost more than the money that will be carried in them, buying everything Vera can be hard to justify. Luckily, I have some great tips that I've personally used for buying Vera merchandise, at a fraction of its original retail price.
- Shop the sale: Vera Bradley's online sale site features sale patterns and discontinued merchandise for as much as 75 percent off. Search by category, and then sort merchandise from "low to high" price on the dropdown menu to score some real bargains.
- Buy paired items: Sometimes Vera Bradley offers certain items that, when bought together, result in a discount. Their February promotion was called a "Beach Bundle." Customers could buy any patterned beach towel (regularly $35) and small mesh tote (regularly $39) for the discounted price of $59. Check online for current bundle offers, as these change frequently.
- Use an online code: The RetailMeNot site posts Vera Bradley percentage off codes, free shipping offers, and free-item-with-purchase promotions. Note: by default, the most current codes are listed at the top.
- Sign up for Club Vera e-mails: A quick signup on the company homepage will net a $20 off $75 purchase coupon sent via e-mail. Additionally, Club Vera registrants will be the first to know about upcoming promotions, special sales, and more.
- Repurpose a product: Vera Bradley cotton dinner napkins are generously sized with a little bit of stretch, making them perfect as—scarves! Tie (as shown here) and use around your neck, as a pony-tail tie, on a tote bag, or even to accessorize a favorite purse. These normally sell for $6 each, but certain patterns are available online for as little as $3.60. Trust me, I speak from experience: no one will know you are wearing a dinner napkin—and everyone you meet will want one!
- Try an independent sales dealer: Vera Bradley products are sold by over 3,000 independent stores nationwide, and independent sellers often have promotions than differ from those offered online. My local independent store had a recent trade-in promotion and also offers discounted last-season merchandise for 40-50% off—and sometimes more! So find a local dealer, and comparison shop those promotions versus what you find online.
- Buy used: Now that Vera Bradley is mainstream, second-hand products can be found at garage sales, tag sales, and thrift shops. Most Vera merchandise is washable, so even something stained or dingy might still look new again with some TLC. But before you buy, know how to spot an original. Read more about Vera Bradley counterfeits and how to tell the authenticity of a product.
Vera Bradley merchandise just makes me smile, and the company has something for every age (did you know they even have a baby line?). But I smile even bigger when I save money—and with these tips, I do!