1. Homemade Face Primer
There are a lot of homemade face primers out there, but this one works best for me!
- 3 Tbsp moisturizer or face lotion
- 3 Tbsp aloe vera (preferably clear, but the green will work)
- 1 ½ Tbsp foundation (that matches your skin tone)
- empty lotion bottle or crock (sterilized)
Mix together moisturizer, aloe, and foundation. (You can even include a few drops of sunscreen if you want!) Mix the solution with a clean spoon. When you’re ready to apply the primer, use a brush, your fingers, or a sponge.
2. Homemade Eyeshadow Primer
- ½ tsp foundation (that matches your skin tone)
- ½ tsp moisturizer or face lotion
- 1-5 toothpicks to mix
- Old eyeshadow container (washed and dried thoroughly)
Mix the foundation and moisturizer with a toothpick, and store the homemade primer in a repurposed cosmetic container. When you’re ready to use it, just apply the primer with a sponge, brush, or your finger.
Note: To avoid gross bacteria contamination, try to keep your fingers out of the storage container.
Bonus: Homemade Mineral Makeup
- 1 part French green clay
- 1 part cornstarch
- a tiny pinch of baking cocoa for color (optional)
Wash out an old hand cream container to store your new makeup in. (Clean spice jars also work great.) Then, mix together equal parts of cornstarch and French green clay and, if you want, a pinch of cocoa to add a bit of color. Apply with a powder brush.
Note: Cornstarch has a shelf life of about a year, so keep that in mind as you mix up your powder.