While I was shopping online for a commercial turmeric, I had to gasp in horror. Here’s a variety for nearly $40 for only four ounces. Egads!
Here’s a recipe to make turmeric mask at home for pennies per treatment.
- 1/2 tsp. Turmeric Powder. Vitacost.com offers a pound for under $10. (Cost: $0.11 cents)
- 1 tsp. Almond oil. Again, Vitacost offers a 4 ounce bottle for $4.18. (About $0.34 cents)
- 4 Tbsp. Chickpea/Garbanzo bean flour. Less than $3 a pound, again from Vitacost. (Cost: $0.60 cents)
- Clean bowl and spoon
- Add all dry ingredients and almond oil to bowl and mix with spoon.
- Add enough milk to form a paste the consistency of pudding.
- Apply a layer of the mask using ring finger.
- Allow to dry for 20 minutes.
- Wet the mask with warm water to soften mask and wash it off. Pat skin dry.
- Use twice a week for maximum results.
Excluding the milk, one treatment of this mask is about $1.00. That $40 dollar jar of commercial mask might last for five or six treatments, max. That’s nearly $7.00 a treatment. I think I’ll save the $6 bucks and have beautiful skin.
Note: Test the mask on your arm before using on face. On very light skin, turmeric could stain. DO NOT get the mask in nose or in eyes.