We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
There’s a secret to scoring the best deals on airfare, and it’s simpler than you think. All you have to do is get yourself set up with Scott’s Cheap Flights, an online travel site that works around the clock to find you the best deals on flights.
Any time you book a flight these days, it’s almost impossible to tell if you’re getting a good deal. Chances are, someone out there spent a lot less on that same flight by scoring a flash sale or limited-time offer.
But that’s where Scott’s Cheap Flights comes in. They help you avoid overpaying on airfare by scouting out stellar deals and sending them right to your inbox. It’s easy and effortless on your part — so we rounded up all the details to show you exactly how it works. If you’re wondering whether Scott’s Cheap Flights is worth it and how exactly they help you get the best deals, all the info you need is right here.
Download The Krazy Coupon Lady mobile app for more money-saving tips.
1. How does Scott’s Cheap Flights work?
Just like The Krazy Coupon Lady’s mission, Scott’s Cheap Flights is all about helping you save. Their experts hunt for flight deals 24/7 and deliver the best ones to you ASAP so you never miss a shot at freakin’ amazing fares. It’s like having your own personal team of travel agents constantly working to get you the lowest prices — every day, all year.
Yes, you could spend hours each day searching for the best flight deals yourself, but why waste all that time? Finding you great flight deals is their full-time job.
Here are some things they take into consideration when hunting down the best flight deals:
- Add-On Fees: Most airlines will show you a low ticket price at first and then tack on a bunch of added fees as soon as you start the booking process. Scott’s Cheap Flights only sends you great deals with taxes, bag fees, and other add-ons already factored in.
- Layovers: They specifically look for nonstop flights and flights with shorter connection times so you don’t have to deal with 15-hour layovers or multiple connections before reaching your final destination.
- Airlines: As you probably already know, not all airlines are great. Scott’s Cheap Flights only looks for flight deals from top-rated airlines so you can travel comfortably without the high price tag.
- Timing: Many flight deals don’t last more than a few hours. Scott’s Cheap Flights sends you alerts for these deals right away so you can jump on a great price before it’s gone.
How to use Scott’s Cheap Flights:
Step 1: Create an account and confirm your email.
Step 2: Add your home airport (aka the largest U.S. airport near you).
Step 3: Follow up to five additional airports near you that you want to see deals for.
Once you do all that, they’ll build your travel profile and monitor deals for your airports. When the best deals drop, they’ll send you an email alert. Or you can log in to your account at any time to see all current deals at your airports. You can also search for a specific destination to see the best deals and average prices for that route.
Related: These are the best times to book flights for every airline.
2. Scott’s Cheap Flights is free for Limited members, but you can upgrade your plan for more benefits.
Limited Plan – Free
Limited members get a few international economy class deals each month at up to five airports. I signed up for a Limited plan, and here are some of my active deals:
- $188: Non-Stop Economy Flight to Puerto Rico
- $387: Single-Stop Economy Flight to Paris
- $448: Single-Stop Economy Flight to Amsterdam
Premium Plan – $49/year
Premium members get the best economy deals from up to 10 airports. These include domestic deals, weekend getaways, and “mistake fares” from your home airport. Here were some of the Premium flight deals I saw:
- $198: Non-Stop Economy Flight to San Francisco (reg. $308+)
- $328: Non-Stop Economy Flight to Cabo San Lucas (reg. $550)
- $321: Non-Stop Economy Flight to The Bahamas (reg. $500)
Elite Plan – $199/year
Elite members get the same benefits as Premium members but in first, business, or premium economy class. They also receive “mistake fares” from any U.S. airport and get deals from unlimited U.S. airports. Here were some of the Elite deals I saw:
- $2,438: Single-Stop Business Class Flight to Bordeaux, France (reg. $3,500)
- $2,530: Single-Stop Business Class Flight to Budapest, Hungary (reg. $3,500)
- $2,432: Single-Stop Business Class Flight to Berlin, Germany (reg. $3,500)
3. Most deals are 40% – 90% off normal flight prices.
While most Scott’s Cheap Flights deals offer 40% – 90% off, you’ll really only see flight deals for 90% off if you’re a Premium or Elite member. As a Limited member, you can expect to save around 60% on domestic and international flights, which is still pretty amazing.
Even better, most of the deals they show you are for nonstop or single-stop flights with short layovers so you won’t have to hop from airport to airport all day just to save big on airfare.
4. If you’re a Limited member, only check the flight deals sent to your email.
When you browse for deals online at ScottsCheapFlights.com, most of the deals you’ll see are for Premium members only. Even some of the deals that weren’t marked as “Premium” ended up being Premium once I clicked through.
But all the deals sent to my email were available to me as a Limited member. So checking their email alerts is the best way to see deals that are completely free to access.
5. Their “Mistake Fares” are like glitch deals for plane tickets.
When airlines publish super low flight prices by accident, Scott’s Cheap Flights is all over it. They find Mistake Fares that can save you up to 90% on regular prices. Mistake Fares aren’t available to Limited members, but Premium members get them for their home airport. Elite members get every single Mistake Fare no matter where the flight departs from.
6. Refer a friend to get one month of Premium for free.
Want to see what it’s like to be a Premium member? Scott’s Cheap Flights has a refer-a-friend program that can get you a free Premium membership for 30 days. All you have to do is copy the referral link in the “Invite Friends” section of your profile and share the link with a friend. When they sign up, you’ll get a free upgrade to Premium for one month!
Related: We found more referral bonus apps and programs that pay cash!
7. Look for Scott’s Cheap Flights promo codes on their site or a discounted intro offer when you sign up for Limited.
You’ll find Scott’s Cheap Flights promo codes on their website, like 10% off one year of Premium membership with code SAVE10. I also found a verified coupon for 20% off a Premium membership on Business Insider.
Scott’s Cheap Flights will also send you an intro offer when you sign up for a Limited membership, giving you the chance to upgrade at a discount. When I joined, I got the offer to start a free trial and unlock a 20% discount, which would get me a year’s worth of deals for $39 (just $3.25/month).
8. Follow Scott’s Cheap Flights on social media for free travel advice.
Did you know the best time to book flights for holiday travel is during the summer? That’s just one travel tidbit you’ll learn from Scott’s Cheap Flights’ Facebook page. According to them, it’s the only way to avoid huge price hikes on flights during the busiest time of year for air travel. They have tons of pro tips from flight experts all over their Facebook page, so it’s worth the follow for some free pointers. They also have a Travel Community Facebook Group, where travelers from all over the world post their experiences, ask for advice, and connect with other travelers near and far.
You’ll get free travel advice from Scott’s Cheap Flights in the deal alerts they send you via email, too!
9. Or check out the free travel guides on their website.
There are LOADS of free travel guides from Scott’s Cheap Flights on their site. You’ll find tips on everything from airlines and airports to car rentals and layovers. If you want to boost your chances of scoring an amazing deal on flights, dig into these resources and get ready to take some notes — you’ll want to keep these tips handy for your next trip.
10. Is Scott’s Cheap Flights worth it if I upgrade to Premium or Elite?
Scott’s Cheap Flights typically saves paid members an average of $500 per flight, so the savings from one deal alone can give you a 10x return on your Premium membership. Obviously, the more you fly, the more you’ll benefit from a paid plan with Scott’s Cheap Flights. But even if you only book one flight a year, you’ll still save more than the cost of your Premium or Elite membership.
So is Scott’s Cheap Flights worth it? In my honest opinion, yes. As long as you pay attention to the flight alerts they send and take advantage of their flight deals, a paid membership with Scott’s Cheap Flights is worth it.
Check out these airline-specific savings hacks to save even more on the best flight deals:
- Delta Airline Savings Hacks
- JetBlue Airways Savings Hacks
- United Airlines Savings Hacks
- Frontier Airlines Savings Hacks