It’s National Oatmeal Month! Walgreens had cheap oats last week and many more of our favorite stores will likely be seeing oatmeal sales soon! Plus, there is a HOT $1.00 off one coupon! Here’s a few delicious recipes if you’re looking to plow through your newly acquired oat stockpile.
BLUEBERRY OATMEAL BREAD
by Betty Crocker
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh or Cascadian Farm® organic frozen blueberries (thawed and drained)
1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease bottom only of 8- or 9-inch loaf pan.
2. In large bowl, mix brown sugar, milk, oil and eggs with spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients except blueberries; beat 30 seconds. Fold in blueberries. Pour into pan. Sprinkle with additional oats if desired.
3. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.
OATMEAL PIZZA DOUGH
Pizza dough – makes 3 thick pieces
1 1/4 cups ww flour
1/4 cup quick oats [I used 2 tbsp pancake mix in this ’cause I was curious what it’d be like–made no difference]
enough water to make a dough–1/2 cup – 2/3 cup?
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp EVOO
3/4 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp yeast
Mix and let sit 2 hours.
Knead dough on floured surface after 2 hours and shape into balls. Place onto baking pans or whatever you want [I used aluminum foil] Roll them out however thick you want. Cover and let sit for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Bake for 7 mins.
Apple-Strawberry Baked Oatmeal
by Homespun Oasis
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter (optional – if you’re trying to cut down on butter, you can omit this)
2 tsp. vanilla
3 large MacIntosh apples (peeled and chopped)
6-8 large strawberries (chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients and mix well, making sure to break up any clumps of brown sugar.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients.
4. Spread in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
5. Bake in your preheated oven for 40 min.
You can pour maple syrup on top, or heated milk….or a pat of butter. Enjoy!
1 1/4 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp organic cinnamon
1 c (2 sticks) organic butter, softened
1/2 c organic granulated sugar
3/4 c organic packed brown sugar
2 organic large eggs
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
3 c organic quick or old-fashioned oats
5 1/2 oz (1/2 of an 11 oz pkg; just shy 2 cups) organic chocolate chips
5 1/2 oz (1/2 of an 11 oz pkg; just shy 2 cups) organic butterscotch chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
2. Beat together butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla with an electric mixer. Gradually add dry ingredients and beat until well mixed.
3. Stir in oats and both kinds of chips.
4. Drop 1 tablespoon scoops onto an un-greased baking sheet and bake for 7 to 8 minutes. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.