Extreme Couponing Tip: First-time Words of Wisdom
Start small. Pick one or two stores at which to start. Go to the Krazy Coupon Lady website and write down the best deals at those stores. For your first trip, try just a few items that will require coupons (dip your toes in the water before plunging in). Especially for a first-timer, it can be reassuring to:
- Have the store coupon policy print out with you and understand it. You can find links to most store policies here.
- Just use clipped out manufacturer coupons or in-ad store coupons. If you’re feeling trepidation, save your printable coupons for your subsequent outings.
- Be organized, and plan it out. Write everything down on your list, and make sure your binder is ready to go.
- Go early in the sale week. Go the first or second day of the sale for the best chance to get the products you are looking for. It can be disheartening if on your first trip the store is out of most of the things on your list you came to buy.
- Pick a good time of the day. Avoid rush hours at stores. I like early mornings or late evenings when there is less of a chance of a huge line forming behind you or the cashiers are really busy and therefore stressed out!