Sorry — this deal is no longer available. Never miss another deal! Sign up for daily updates:
We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Everything for sale on the new and zany, albeit useful, website Fiverr.com is just five bucks — no more, no less, no exceptions. Similar to eBay or Esty, Fiverr is an online direct economy between buyers and sellers. You'll never look at five dollars in the same way again! If you're looking to make money rather than spend money, then Fiverr has also got you covered. On Fiverr, users can post to a virtual job board a service (or 'gig', as Fiverr calls it) that they will perform for a flat fee of five dollars. There is no registration fee to buy or sell items on the site; instead, Fiverr makes money by acting as the middleman between service providers/sellers and buyers. Out of the five dollar price tag, Fiverr takes one dollar and gives the other four dollars to the service provider/seller.
Got Five Bucks? Spend it on Fiverr
On Fiverr, five dollars will buy you:
A Kooky, One-of-a Kind Gift
If you're looking for something bizarre or sophomoric, then look no further than Fiverr. Fiverr is chock full of wacky but fantastic 'gigs' that are perfect for a madcap birthday present for your impossible-to-buy-for friends and family who already have everything. Fiverr provides services that will make you smile as sellers offer up gigs such as these:
- "I will make you a Tarzan style ringtone by yodeling your name for $5."
- "I will write a message of your choice in alphabet spaghetti on toast, photograph it and email you the .jpg image for you to use as you wish for $5."
- "I will give you an authentic Tarot card reading via Skype for $5."
- "I will be your pen pal from Bengali for $5."
"Hey, I Could Use That!" — Personal Services
Fiverr offers up the kitchen sink of five dollar services. Whether they're fun, frivolous or functional – well, that's for you to decide. Here's a sample of what personal services sellers offer on Fiverr:
- "I will use Photoshop to make you look 20 pounds thinner in your Facebook profile for $5."
- "I will design a header for your blog for $5."
- "I edit your resume for grammar, content and style for $5."
- "I will design and create an ebook cover in 24 hours for $5."
- "I will make you a customized YouTube or Twitter background image for $5."
"Hey, This Will Save Me Time and Money"– Business Services
Fiverr is not just for fun and games. It is a mecca for finding experienced, but oh so cheap consultants, to help you with business related tasks. You can cheaply develop your business or market your product by outsourcing tasks to a provider on Fiverr. Outsourcing on Fiverr saves you time and ultimately money — the value of many of the services offered far exceeds five dollars. Here's a sampling from the site:
- "I will find you 50 royalty free images on a topic of your choice for $5."
- "I will record a 30 second, sincere HD video testimonial of your product or business for $5."
- "I will post 50 flyers for your business in Midtown Manhattan."
- "I will write your business, website, event or product related press releases for $5."
- "I will write a professional and unique, 400 word high quality article on the topic of your choice for $5."
Want to Make Five Bucks? Fiverr.com Makes it Easy
What service are you willing to perform for five dollars? Better start brainstorming – ask yourself, "Is there something I can do quicker, cheaper and easier than others?"
If you're a whiz on Photoshop, then you could offer this on Fiverr:
- "I will Photoshop your ex-husband out of 2 of your favorite photos for $5."
- Well travelled? Then how about: "I will plan your one week European rail travel itinerary for $5."
- Are you popular on the interwebs? If so, then offer something like this: "I will share your business link or product details with my 4,000 Facebook friends." Think about it — it would only take you mere seconds to update your Facebook for a 5$ payday. If 40 people buy your service, then that's an easy 200 bucks (well, 160 bucks after Fiverr takes its cut) in your pocket.
This has been a guest post by Lisa from Miami, FL
Find out more about the KCL Contributor Network!