Glass stovetops sure do look nice, but they can be a major pain to clean. If you’re tired of buying products that don’t work, try these proven methods!
1. Lay a hot towel over sprinkled baking soda.
Baking soda is a natural abrasive that will work wonders on those hard-to-clean cooktop stains. Here’s what to do:
- Sprinkle baking soda directly onto your stovetop. Be generous.
- Lay a towel that’s been soaked with hot water and dish soap over the baking soda and wait 15 minutes.
- In a circular motion, use the towel to gently rub the baking soda into any set stains.
- Clean off any remaining residue, and shine up with a cloth.
2. Remove burned food spots with Arm & Hammer toothpaste.
Apply toothpaste to burned food stains and gently rub the paste in with an old toothbrush or your finger. Allow the paste to sit for 15 minutes before wiping clean with a damp cloth. That’s it!
3. Use a razor blade scraper.
As long as you don’t gouge your glass stovetop, a razor blade won’t do harm to the surface. Sometimes stoves come with razor scrapers, but if yours didn’t, you can buy one for about $7 on Amazon.
4. Scrub stains with a magic eraser.
Magic erasers are amazing little things, and they’re pretty inexpensive. You can buy them for less than $3 at your grocery store.
5. Combine baking soda, Dawn dish soap, and hydrogen peroxide for the toughest stains.
Follow these steps for a brand-new looking stove:
- Squirt some Dawn dish soap all over the cooktop.
- Sprinkle baking soda over the Dawn.
- Add a tablespoon or two of hydrogen peroxide.
- Start scrubbing with a dish scrubber.
- Let the solution sit for about three minutes, then wipe clean.
6. Make future spills easy to clean up with car wax.
Wax your stove top with car wax, then wipe off with paper towels. Any future spills — no matter how crusty — will wipe off in a jiffy.
7. Remove burned-on stains with Bar Keepers Friend.
Clean nasty burned-on food with the help of Bar Keepers Friend. It’s safe to use on glass stove tops and can be found at Walmart for only $1.93.
You can either wet a washcloth and sprinkle the powder or you can make a paste with a little water. Give the cleaner time to work (like, 10-15 tops), then wipe off with a damp cloth.
If the stain is a tough one, repeat this several times (although you probably won’t have to).
- Wet surface.
- Sprinkle product or make paste.
- Scrub gently.
- Dry well.
8. Use Wow! Miracle cleaning paste.
This cleaner works wonders on my glass stove top and is non toxic, biodegradable and non-abrasive — plus, commercial strength.
Use a microfiber cloth to scrub the pumpice-like paste onto your stove top, let sit and then wipe clean.
9. Clean and polish with Norwex cleaning paste and an EnviroCloth.
Follow these four easy steps:
- Dab a damp Microfiber cloth or two or three times in the paste.
- Rub it onto the stove top.
- Rinse with water.
- Dry with the EnviroCloth.
10. Use Cinch glass cleaner.
Cinch glass cleaner dissolves grease and gives my stove top a streak-free shine. Simply spray it on your glass stove top, let sit and wipe off!
Wiping the stove top off with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser or a microfiber towel has given me the best results in the past.
11. Scrub cooked-on grease with Mrs. Meyers baking soda cream cleaner.
Rejuvenate your glass stove top with this baking soda cream cleaner that can scrub away cooked-on grease and grime. You can find this household staple at Target.
12. Use Weiman glass cook top cleaner.
Use this heavy duty cleaner and polish when your glass stove top needs some extra love. Shake well and apply to stove top, clean with a scrubbing pad and then buff with a paper towel to shine.
Other than that, use the daily cleaner spray or cooktop wipes to keep it in mint condition.
Want to get the latest cleaning supplies coupons? We’ve got you covered!
13. Buy Soft Scrub Advanced Surface gel, Bleach Cleaner Gel or Oxi Cleanser.
There are actually three Soft Scrub products that work on cleaning through all that nasty kitchen grease, oil and built up grime. Soft Scrub Advanced Surface gel, Soft Scrub with Bleach Cleaner Gel and Soft Scrub Oxi Cleanser.
Just spray or wipe the cleaners on, let sit and wipe away!
Share your tips! How do you keep your glass stovetop clean?