Cinnamon Rolls take a little bit more work than cupcakes or cookies, but the results are worth it — these sticky buns are heavenly! You won’t be disappointed with this no-fail recipe. Use: $0.40/1 Fleischmann's Yeast Package, 0.75 or 4 dry ounces, OR (1) Karo Syrup, 16 or 32 fl oz, Limit one coupon per household from RP 3/10 (exp 8/30).
4 cups milk – $0.74
3 Tbsp butter – $0.19
1 1/2 Tbsp salt – $0.05
2 Tbsp + 1/2 tsp sugar, divided – $0.07
1 Tbsp yeast – $0.20
1 cup warm water
12 cups flour – $1.99
1/2 cup melted butter – $0.50
4 Tbsp cinnamon – $0.48
4 Tbsp sugar – $0.12
1/2 cup butter, room temperature – $0.50
1 tsp vanilla – $0.01
4 cups powdered sugar – $0.80
1-2 Tbsp milk – $0.04
1. Heat milk, butter, salt, and 2 tablespoons of the sugar just till warm (115-120°), stirring constantly till butter almost melts. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine yeast, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, and warm water.
3. After milk mixture has cooled to lukewarm, add to yeast mixture and combine. Add two cups of flour and mix until fully incorporated. Repeat, two cups at a time, until all flour is added, then knead by hand or with electric mixer for 2 minutes.
4. Cover dough with towel and let rise for an hour.
5. Coat three baking sheets with non-stick spray. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface, and divide into two equal parts, setting one aside. Roll dough to a 1/2″ thick rectangle. Pour half the melted butter over dough and spread out evenly. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons cinnamon evenly over dough. You can adjust amounts of butter, sugar and cinnamon according to preference.
6. Roll dough up tightly, starting from long edge. Once completely rolled, take a sharp knife and cut roll into 1-inch thick slices. Place rolls 3 across on prepared baking, separating by at least a half inch. Repeat steps with second half of dough.
7. Cover cinnamon rolls with towels and let rise for 1 1/2 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 15 minutes or until light brown on both top and bottom.
8. While rolls are baking, prepare frosting. In electric mixer, beat butter for one minute. Add vanilla and powdered sugar, beating until smooth. Add milk a little at a time until desired consistency is achieved. Spread frosting over warm cinnamon rolls.
Makes 36 rolls
Cost per serving: $0.16