We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Jell-O Flavored Marshmallows
What You’ll Need:
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 (3 oz.) package Jell-O (flavor of your choice)
- Stirring spoon
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp light corn syrup
- Hand mixer
- 9″x13″ pan
- Butter (to grease the pan)
- Wax paper
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Cutting board
- Kitchen scissors or pizza cutter
- Boil 2/3 cup of water in a saucepan.
- Add packet of Jell-O to boiling water, stirring until completely dissolved.
- Turn down heat and add sugar and corn syrup to mixture until fully dissolved.
- Wait for mixture to cool and thicken slightly. Beat mixture with a hand mixer on highest speed for 5 minutes. At this point, you should notice that the mixture has turned a lighter color and is getting thicker and fluffier. Keep mixing until the mixture can hold soft peaks.
- Grease 9″x13″ pan with butter, making sure to grease the entire pan.
- Add 2–3 Tbsp powdered sugar to greased pan, covering entire interior of the pan. Shake off excess powdered sugar.
- Cut a piece of wax paper to create a liner for the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the mixture into the pan, making sure it’s evenly distributed. Put the pan in the fridge to chill for at least 12 hours. When you remove the pan from the fridge, the contents should be tinted the color of the Jello-O flavor used in the recipe.
- Remove the contents of the pan (which is essentially a 9″x13″ marshmallow “brick” at this point) onto your cutting board. Using kitchen scissors or a pizza cutter, cut the “brick” into 1″ squares.
- Roll the cut marshmallow pieces in powdered sugar. Enjoy your homemade Jell-O flavored marshmallows!