‘Tis the season to be jolly — not stressed out about hosting a Christmas party.
With these 24 genius tricks, you’ll be the hostess with the mostest without breaking your budget this holiday season.
1. Turn plain dishes into party dishes with chalkboard tape.
2. Give red Solo cups the Santa treatment with black ribbon and buttons.
3. Turn a shower rod into coat check.
4. Make your home smell festive naturally by boiling cinnamon sticks and cloves with orange and apple peels.
5. Wrap empty boxes for table centerpieces or party decor.
Scatter wrapped “gifts” throughout your home for easy (and cheap) party decor.
6. Decorate napkins and place settings with rosemary sprigs.
Simple, yet very effective.
7. Make place holders with candy canes glued in threes.
8. Protect a wood table from spills by setting down newspaper underneath a tablecloth.
9. Create a DIY table runner with paper snowflakes.
10. Add greenery, water, cranberries and floating candles to a mason jar for an easy centerpiece.
11. Cover tables with craft paper and use a sharpie to label food.
12. Cook stuffing in muffin tins for easy serving and delicious, crispy edges.
13. Use a wine glass for a DIY chips and dip bowl.
14. Wrap water bottles in decorative holiday duct tape.
15. Make reindeer root beer for the kids.
16. Label disposable cups with gift tags.
17. Use cinnamon as cocktail swizzle sticks.
Perfect for apple cider!
18. Keep cider warm in a Crock-Pot.
19. Decorate wine and cocktail glasses with wire garland.
20. Keep white wine and sparkling cider cool with frozen cranberries.
The cranberries will keep drinks cold without watering them down.
21. Use frozen balloons to keep drinks cool.
22. Press cookie cutters into frozen whipped cream for holiday hot cocoa.
Spread whipped topping onto a foil-lined cookie sheet and freeze. Once the whipped cream is frozen, use holiday cookie cutters to create shapes that add a fun element to your party’s hot cocoa bar.
23. Cover the kids’ table with kraft paper and set out crayons to keep them entertained.
24. Make cleaning up easy by lining your trash can with three or four bags.