Recently, I’ve been thinking about finally purchasing a new couch. My current couch really deserves its retirement—it’s 20 years old and counting. Of course, one of my top choices is IKEA—and not just because Forbes calls the chain a "world-wide wonder." I like how different their furniture is and that they’re an eco-friendly company. Not to mention—their prices! Their furniture is quality material that will last—all at a price I’m willing to pay.
For 2015, there’s now even more reason to fall in love with IKEA (and not just their furniture). Here are 5 ways you can save at IKEA this year.
1. IKEA email list
Signing up for the IKEA email list is a must. You’ll get coupons by mail at least monthly and reminders of special sales, promotions, clearance items, discounts and more.
- Sign up for free: http://info.ikea-usa.com/SignUp/
2. IKEA Family program
IKEA Family is a program that first rolled out in 2011, but just in a handful of stores. Today, IKEA Family is international!
- Join for free: http://info.ikea-usa.com/FAMILY/
- Exclusive online and in-store product discounts just for IKEA Family cardholders.
- Monthly offers just for IKEA Family members.
- Free cup of coffee or tea at the IKEA restaurant while you shop.
- Free 30 minutes extra of playtime (meaning you can shop kid-free!).
- 90 days of price protection (so you can get credited back for a lower price if the item is marked down later).
- One sweepstakes entry for a $100 IKEA gift card every time you scan your IKEA Family card while you’re in the store.
- BOGO frozen yogurt on the day you pick up your IKEA Family card for the first time.
3. IKEA moving gift
If you plan to move soon, IKEA wants to give you a $25 gift card to help you out!
- Get your gift card: http://info.ikea-usa.com/moving/
4. Extra Services
IKEA has finally started offering home delivery, assembly services, and even personal shopping services. Fees are very reasonable and discounted if you add more than one.
- Home delivery service: Starting at only $59.
- Personal shopping service: $89 (or just $30 if you add it to the home delivery service).
- Assembly service: Starting at just $79.
- For more information: Visit IKEA services.
5. IKEA restaurant
IKEA is really rolling out the red carpet to hungry shoppers with special shop and eat deals.
Here are a few examples of current deals:
- $0.99 breakfast plate any day of the week (for all shoppers).
- Free kids' meal on Tuesdays (for IKEA Family members only).
- Free breakfast until 11:00 am on Mondays (for IKEA Family members only).