As a long-locked woman, I’m completely to blame for my home’s occasionally-clogged shower drain. For years I would result to purchasing expensive drain cleaners to clear out my pipes because I knew no other way. It wasn’t until recently that I became reacquainted with my favorite childhood mixture. Use the foaming strength of baking soda and vinegar instead. Follow these 5 simple steps for a clog-free drain:
1. Pour a pot of boiling water down the clogged drain.
2. Add about 1/2 cup of baking soda
3. Following the baking soda, pour 1 cup of vinegar and 1 cup of very hot water.
4. Cover with a drain plug for about 10 minutes.
5. Flush with another pot of boiling water.
For similar articles, check out: