When it comes to store brands vs. name brands, sometimes there’s an undeniable quality difference. Other times, not so much.
But did you know that sometimes they are the exact same, as in made by the same manufacturer, but packaged differently?
Check out the examples we found, and save between 20-50% when you buy store brands. You’re welcome.
To keep up on all the deals, whether for store brands or name brands, download the KCL app!
1. Trader Joe’s Pita Chips are identical to Stacey’s Pita Chips.
Trader Joe’s pita chips have the same quality and taste of Stacy’s pita chips.
- Trader Joe’s Pita chips: $0.25/ounce
- Stacey’s Pita Chips: $0.41/ounce
2. Trader Joe’s Mac and Cheese is identical to Annie’s Mac and Cheese.
You can read up on the taste comparison between these two brands, but they’re both great, so why not save and go with the store brand?
- Trader Joe’s Organic Shells and White Cheddar: $2.77/box
- Annie’s Organic Shells and White Cheddar: $1.72/box
3. Trader Joe’s Creamy Tomato soup is identical to Pacific Creamy Tomato soup.
I love creamy tomato soup just as much as the next person, but why pay more than you have to? Trader Joe’s version of this creamy delicacy definitely holds up to the Pacific brand.
- Trader Joe’s Creamy Tomato Soup: $2.69/carton
- Pacific Creamy Tomato Soup: $3.68/carton
4. Kirkland Signature batteries are identical to Duracell batteries.
Save on batteries when you buy Kirkland’s. There’s no need to spend the extra money on Duracell, since they’re the same quality.
- Kirkland Signature AA Alkaline batteries: $0.35/battery
- Duracell AA Alkaline batteries: $0.45/battery
5. Kirkland Signature tuna is identical to Bumblebee tuna.
Kirkland struck a deal with Bumblebee years ago to manufacture the Kirkland brand high quality tuna.
- Kirkland Signature Solid White Albacore tuna: $0.30/ounce
- Bumblebee Solid White Albacore tuna: $0.46/ounce
6. Great Value brand (Walmart) spices are identical to McCormick spices.
I called McCormick’s corporate line to confirm, but they said it was “proprietary information.”
When it comes to taste, I found no big differences between Great Value and McCormick, but you can read this article to learn more about generic vs. store brand spices and what to look out for when you shop.
7. Great Value brand (Walmart) canned vegetables are the same as Green Giant.
8. Great Value brand (Walmart) whipped cream is the same manufacturer as Cool Whip.
9. Kroger brand American cheese is made by Kraft.