Sometimes generic or store brands just don’t hold up in taste or quality.
But did you know sometimes they are the exact same, as in made by the same manufacturer, but packaged differently?!
Check out the examples we found, and save between 20-50% when you buy generic. You’re welcome.
1. Trader Joe’s Pita Chips are identical to Stacey’s Pita Chips.
- Trader Joe’s Pita chips: $0.25 per oz.
- Stacey’s Pita Chips: $0.50 per oz.
2. Trader Joe’s Mac and Cheese is identical to Annie’s Mac and Cheese.
- Trader Joe’s Organic Shells and White Cheddar: $1.29 per box
- Annie’s Organic Shells and White Cheddar: $1.72 per box
3. Trader Joe’s Creamy Tomato soup is identical to Pacific Creamy Tomato soup.
- Trader Joe’s Creamy Tomato soup: $2.69 per carton
- Pacific Creamy Tomato soup: $3.59 per carton
4. Kirkland Signature batteries are identical to Duracell batteries.
- Kirkland Signature AA Alkaline batteries: $0.28 per battery
- Duracell AA Alkaline batteries: $0.40 per battery
5. Kirkland Signature tuna is identical to Bumblebee tuna.
- Kirkland Signature Solid White Albacore tuna: $0.25 per ounce
- Bumblebee Solid White Albacore tuna: $0.40 per ounce
6. Great Value brand (Walmart) spices are identical to McCormick spices.
- McCormick Garlic Powder: $1.07 per oz.
- Great Value Garlic Powder: $0.30 per oz.
7. Great Value brand (Walmart) canned vegetables are the same as Green Giant.
- Great Value: $2.18 per 15 oz. can
- Green giant: $2.98 per 15 oz. can
8. Great Value brand (Walmart) whipped cream is the same manufacturer as Cool Whip.
- Great Value Whipped Topping: $0.88 per 8 oz. container
- Cool Whip: $1.68 per 8 oz. container
9. Kroger brand American cheese is made by Kraft.
- Kroger brand American cheese singles: $2.39 per 1 lb. pkg.
- Kraft American cheese singles: $3.19 per 1 lb. pkg.